Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2025 They kept the worst part of his name though. There has only been one good wrestler called Ricky. Saints is a stupid name because of the pluralisation of Saint. Saints is not a surname, Saint is. If they wanted a name that sounded like his real name then Ricky Sparks was right there. There are loads of things you can do with that surname. "I'm the Sparks that will light a fire under NXT" for example. Quote
NeverYield Posted February 19, 2025 Posted February 19, 2025 Not liking the name change at all Ricky Saints is all a bit ridiculous isn't it. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted February 19, 2025 Posted February 19, 2025 5 hours ago, Chili said: So how long until Tessa Blanchard gets backdoored back into all this then, feels inevitable. I'm imagining her TNA run will be a litmus test for her coming to WWE/NXT. If she can behave herself then they'll bring her in. Nobody other than the internet will care when she shows up anyway. I actually quite like the name Ricky Saints. It could have been far worse. NXT is always an easy watch. I have to be honest I didnt recognise Moose at first when he showed up so when the commentator went "We know who that is!!" I was like "Do we?!". Nice surprise to see the Hardys and I reckon a genuine argument can be made for NXT having the best women's roster in North America right now. A lot of great talent there with different looks and styles that make them stand out although the overuse of "The Juggernaut!" is a rant in the negativity thread waiting to happen. It's like "Punched their ticket". We get it. Fuck off. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted February 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2025 14 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: They kept the worst part of his name though. There has only been one good wrestler called Ricky. Saints is a stupid name because of the pluralisation of Saint. Saints is not a surname, Saint is. If they wanted a name that sounded like his real name then Ricky Sparks was right there. There are loads of things you can do with that surname. "I'm the Sparks that will light a fire under NXT" for example. Apparently chosen as an homage to New Orleans. Makes a lot of sense, tbf. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted February 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2025 25 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: They kept the worst part of his name though. There has only been one good wrestler called Ricky. Ricky Morton or Ricky Steamboat? Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted February 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2025 8 minutes ago, mim731 said: Ricky Morton or Ricky Steamboat? Ricky Rude ? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 19, 2025 Posted February 19, 2025 Someone somewhere is already writing the OH WHEN THE SAINTS chants. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2025 56 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Apparently chosen as an homage to New Orleans. Makes a lot of sense, tbf. Ricky Nola then. Saints is not a name. 44 minutes ago, mim731 said: Ricky Morton or Ricky Steamboat? Steamboat. We all know Morton was definitely suss. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted February 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2025 6 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Ricky Nola Hard disagree, that's a genuinely awful name for a wrestler, and I don't love Ricky Saints as a name. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 19, 2025 Posted February 19, 2025 9 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Saints is not a name. Apparently it is but not for quite a while. They could be slowly turning him into a Middle Ages gimmick which I'm all for. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2025 3 pages on a name change. The most UKFF thread of all. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted February 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2025 I actually prefer Ricky Saints to Ricky Starks, it just has a better ring to it for me. Then again, I didn't mind Cope, so what do I know. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted February 19, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted February 19, 2025 8 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said: That, or they’re thinking of some kind of New Orleans street band ‘when the saints come marching in’ link? 1 hour ago, tiger_rick said: Apparently chosen as an homage to New Orleans. Makes a lot of sense, tbf. I guessed correctly! Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2025 (edited) 2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said: I'm imagining her TNA run will be a litmus test for her coming to WWE/NXT. If she can behave herself then they'll bring her in. Nobody other than the internet will care when she shows up anyway. In spite of the push against…well…’not being racist’ in the States, I can’t see why they’d bother bringing her in. Never mind the fans, it would upset a lot of wrestlers. She’s not high value enough to merit the bother and potential fan backlash, surely? Edited February 19, 2025 by RedTwoster Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted February 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2025 1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Saints is not a name. Eh, it’s the States. They think Parker and Sloan are pretty names to call your little girl. I saw a bloke on telly the other day called Foster. No, not like Ben Foster, Foster was his first name. They haven’t got a clue. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.