RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted May 7, 2025 Posted May 7, 2025 Cracking main event this week with Jordynne Grace and Giulia, proper hard hitting. Looking forward to seeing what Grace and Stephanie Vaquer do at the PLE Miles Bourne winning the title shot was a big surprise but it’s a fresh name given Oba has had the same few names to deal with, looking forward to seeing him obliterate Dempsey next week Big booster for TNA having their World title defended on a PLE, the Hendry/Williams feud has been decent with Trick still not outright heel despite jumping Hendry 3 times. Hopefully they come through the tag match they’re in at Under Seige, 2 days before unscathed Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 26, 2025 Battleground was surprisingly good - with the two women’s matches in particular worth going out of your way to see, especially Sol Ruca vs Kelani Jordan, which was just incredible. Ruca and Jordan both have enormous futures ahead of them. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 26, 2025 Posted May 26, 2025 Battleground Sol/Kelani was the perfect opener. If both women aren't main roster stars at some point then they've fucked up massively. Strong upsides on both, especially Sol who I may be crushing hard on. Both really athletic and while they're not completely polished, the crowd were massively into it. Gave me Sasha/Bayley vibes where you'll be watching NXT to get the best womens matches while you're stuck watching Zelina Vega be shit on Smackdown. Everything else on the show was solid. Santana appearing on the next episode of NXT should be great. He's one of the guys I'm most interested in from TNA. Stephanie is crazy over but she needs another finisher than that weak looking backbreaker thing. Actually thought Jordynne had a better match with Guilia but this was still decent. I could watch Oba Femi walk to the ring and beat people up all day. Just a legend in the making. The result was inevitable but a good showing for both guys. Trick/Joe was great for both men. An AJ Styles voice-over video package for the build was a really nice touch. Hendry proved he's not average at all and can absolutely go in the ring and deserves to be more than just an entrance. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 26, 2025 (edited) 30 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Trick/Joe was great for both men. An AJ Styles voice-over video package for the build was a really nice touch. Hendry proved he's not average at all and can absolutely go in the ring and deserves to be more than just an entrance. Yeah, I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this. I was expecting something clunky, but it wasn’t at all - it was a really fun match. 30 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Stephanie is crazy over but she needs another finisher than that weak looking backbreaker thing. Actually thought Jordynne had a better match with Guilia but this was still decent. I really enjoyed it, but I do think they have a better match in them. Not to put down the match in any way, though - I thought it was really good; although Ruca/Jordan was by far the best match on the card. If I was Triple H, looking at the wrestlers I have at my disposal, I’d make the women’s division the focal point of the next generation. They have a crazy amount of talent there, but there’s simply not as much coming through on the men’s side. There are a few standouts, but on the whole it’s slim pickings. Edited May 26, 2025 by RedTwoster Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 26, 2025 29 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I could watch Oba Femi walk to the ring and beat people up all day. Just a legend in the making I wish I had your confidence in what lies ahead for Oba. I would say there is a better than average chance that he gets Keith Lee'd on the main roster. Things may have changed under HHH but not that much. They still don't know how to push the big black lads properly. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 26, 2025 Posted May 26, 2025 3 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: I wish I had your confidence in what lies ahead for Oba. I would say there is a better than average chance that he gets Keith Lee'd on the main roster. Things may have changed under HHH but not that much. They still don't know how to push the big black lads properly. Oh I was excited for Keith Lee too so yeah you're probably right and I'll be pulling my hair out this time next year wondering where it all went wrong. And I don't have enough hair left for that to happen damnit. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted May 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 26, 2025 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: Stephanie is crazy over but she needs another finisher than that weak looking backbreaker thing. Crying out for someone to tell me she was using something different on the indies ; that backbreaker has strong Kevin Owens "they told me I can't do the package piledriver here" energy. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 26, 2025 The NXT women's division is easily the best thing WWE has going for it right now. And they have somehow not managed to drain away any of Sol Ruca and Kelani Jordan's natural charisma and athleticism. Yet. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted May 26, 2025 Posted May 26, 2025 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: And they have somehow not managed to drain away any of Sol Ruca and Kelani Jordan's natural charisma and athleticism. Yet. At the rate the women at the PC suffer ACL injuries I'm worried the latter will happen sooner rather than later. But yes, both have tonnes of potential and, if WWE ran a touring schedule like they used to, they could be really good within a couple of years. Didn't watch the show but I'm not the only one who thinks the Myles Borne Randy Orton tribute is really weird, am I? I understand wanting to pay tribute and emulate people you like and look up to, but fucking hell. This sort of cosplay would get him kicked out of most wrestling schools, yet he's out there on NXT TV doing everything but winning matches with an RKO out of nowhere. It's baffling to me. Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted May 26, 2025 Posted May 26, 2025 The Sol Snatcher continues to be one of the best finishers in the business, the one last night in particular being incredibly crisp. It’s just gonna suck when Zaria inevitably turns because her and Sol are one of the best odd couple tandems around Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 28, 2025 Say what you like about HBK’s NXT (I’ve generally disliked how silly it can be) but at least it’s interesting. While Raw and Smackdown have settled into a pattern of nothingness, NXT at least tries to be different. Putting the women’s title on Jacy Jayne? Interesting. I fully expected Jordynne Grace to win the title next, and I was pretty shocked by this outcome. It could end up being a bad idea about as quickly as yoy can say ‘let’s have Jey win the Rumble this year’, but it’s an interesting choice. Similarly, I didn’t expect Ethan Page to go over. For me, he’s much better than Ricky - who I think we all overrated for the longest time. Saints is, for me - at the moment - LA Knight with different strengths and weaknesses. Slightly better in the ring, slightly worse on the mic. But it all adds up to the same thing. It’s not necessarily a negative, there’s a place for him on the main roster, but he’s not your next World Champion. Page on the other hand reminds me of Christian - quietly excellent at everything he does, but often underrated for it. The ‘Tony fumbled’ chant is dumb, but AEW could have got much more out of Ethan Page. The LFG guy looked a bit crap. It’s not fair to judge him by the standards of everyone else on the NXT roster, but he’s strikes me as someone who needs more seasoning before being flung out on TV. Santana was typically great on the mic - again he’s someone I think AEW should have kept around. He reminds me so much of Eddie Kingston as far as his promos go, and you can always benefit from another one of those. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 28, 2025 Posted May 28, 2025 Sounds like Stephanie and Jordynne are both main roster bound so good luck to them. A shame as I'm not really bothering with those shows at the moment but at least I'll hopefully see them on the PLEs. Santana was a highlight for me. Enjoyed the guy for years in whatever company he was in. He was always capable so to see him get a shot in the crossover here is really exciting. Definitely agree though. At least NXT is an easy watch and feels enjoyable and not stuck in a constant holding pattern which really helps. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 Felicity February? Sophie September? Nancy November? Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 Ophelia October? Jenny June? Mandy March? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.