Chili Posted January 8, 2025 Posted January 8, 2025 Would *LOVE if Punk was behind Graves getting shafted down to the minors. The elephant never forgets. *Probably not, just wishful thinking he's up to his tricks for the drama. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted January 8, 2025 Posted January 8, 2025 3 hours ago, Onyx2 said: I think what we can all take from this is Simpsons memes are bad and should be banned. Bottom memes are the only ones that should be allowed. Quote
Captain SlackBladder Posted January 8, 2025 Posted January 8, 2025 I don't know if it's been mentioned, but on Raw and on NXT the audio cuts out a lot. Possibly due to catering to different territories? I don't mean when big Dewie makes the air Bluey. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 I noticed this. There were also some weird video feeds on NXT. They tended to be little promos for Trick Williams. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 My feed went a bit funny at the end of this episode, where I couldn’t make out what The Rock was saying. (The absolute fucking whopper completely forgot his promo). What an absolute shocker Black Adam has had this week. A complete shambles. Proper David Brent. At least last year he turned it around and delivered some of his best work. I don’t see that happening here. Showing up to bask in the glory of others, ends up dropping the ultimate bollock. Go home, Dwayne. He’s every dickhead you ever had during a Group Project in school. Contributed nothing. Turned up on the day. Tried to get the credit. Ruined everything. Quote
Captain SlackBladder Posted January 8, 2025 Posted January 8, 2025 10 minutes ago, Supremo said: My feed went a bit funny at the end of this episode, where I couldn’t make out what The Rock was saying. (The absolute fucking whopper completely forgot his promo). What an absolute shocker Black Adam has had this week. A complete shambles. Proper David Brent. At least last year he turned it around and delivered some of his best work. I don’t see that happening here. Showing up to bask in the glory of others, ends up dropping the ultimate bollock. Go home, Dwayne. He’s every dickhead you ever had during a Group Project in school. Contributed nothing. Turned up on the day. Tried to get the credit. Ruined everything. Didn't he shit all over the show by saying something like 'we've got 6 minutes, this is the best 6 minutes'? Or perhaps he was disclosing how well he treats Mrs Rock. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 Anyway, was this a good show? I don't really want to watch more wrestling but I've only got a 3 day week this week so I've got the time. Plus if I miss The Rock's bits it'll probably only be about an hour long anyway. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 It's not that long ago Cole was introducing Graves as "the heir apparent". It'd be quite the fall from grace to get dumped back down to NXT after that. While I'm here, just a reminder that Oba Femi is #BuiltByBama Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: Anyway, was this a good show? I don't really want to watch more wrestling but I've only got a 3 day week this week so I've got the time. Plus if I miss The Rock's bits it'll probably only be about an hour long anyway. It was OK. I enjoyed it well enough and it certainly didn’t drag, but I wouldn’t say you’d be missing out if you chose to skip it. Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted January 8, 2025 Posted January 8, 2025 I think Graves is there effectively to take over once Booker fucks off to do the new version of Tough Enough they’re making called LFG with that WWE ID thing Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 1 hour ago, Statto said: It's not that long ago Cole was introducing Graves as "the heir apparent". It'd be quite the fall from grace to get dumped back down to NXT after that. While I'm here, just a reminder that Oba Femi is #BuiltByBama I knew I didn't like him #WarEagle Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 9, 2025 Well I watched it. I can't remember the last time I watched an NXT show from top to bottom. Might have been during the Covid Cage era. Like has been stated, Roxanne Perez vs Giulia should have gone on last. Imagine stealing the spotlight from two people who have absolutely earned their main event slot. Fuck The Rock, man. Anyway, if Roxanne is going to call herself The Prodigy (which is a great nickname btw) then she should come out to No Good or Poison. This was a really good match although I thought it would go longer. WHO COULD HAVE TAKEN UP TIME ON THIS SHOW HMMMMMM. Roxanne is the absolute business, she's got the lot. Get her on Raw. Giulia is still a bit unsteady with a style where she's not trying to brain herself like every other berk in Japanese wrestling but this was a really good performance. That butterfly suplex was lovely. The four-way women's match was loads of fun, too. Didn't stop for breath at all. All four of them looked really good and could have been logical winners. Kelani Jordan faceplanting on that missed moonsault was brutal but she looks a superb athlete. Someone found Shotzi! Presumably they couldn't fit her stupid tank in the small arena. Pretty good six woman tag, this, but I feel like everyone in this has been in NXT since forever. NXT definitely needs more titles. Not Brian Pillman Jr. had a pretty good technical match with Charlie Dempsey, who I don't know at all. The ending was daft but you don't get many matches like this in WWE anymore so it was a nice change. No Quarter Catch Crew is a shocking name though. Somebody in WWE loves the word 'catch'. Trick Williams and Oba Femi battered each other most enjoyably. I don't know who Eddy Thorpe is at all, I've never heard of him. What was the point in his involvement here? Is Femi a heel? Some crap writing but a cracking match until the end. I didn't watch The Rock. Ava has the screen presence of a pink wafer. This was quite good. I am NOT putting it in my weekly viewing, absolutely not. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 9, 2025 22 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Not Brian Pillman Jr. had a pretty good technical match with Charlie Dempsey, who I don't know at all. Charlie Dempsey is Regal's lad so you'd imagine that technical wrestling is not going to be a problem. For me though Dev he has yet to really show any actual charisma. You are 100% correct about the name No Quarter Catch Crew, it is absolutedog dirt. I assume its some sort of nickname that Regal Sr. and his mates had when they were wrestling in Germany in the late 80s/early 90s. Quote
Paid Members Nick James Posted January 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 9, 2025 No Quarter Catch Crew was a Drew Gulak thing based on one of his old tag teams if I'm remembering correctly, back when he had a bit of clout backstage and was part of the training team. Shocking name, see also, New Catch Republic. Ol' Dwayne still looks like a right wally walking around with the fake title over his shoulder, silk vest and dodgy glasses. It made sense as 'The Final Boss', but not as Corporate Dwayne. Hopefully his Raw and NXT appearances this week were just HHH letting him stroke his own ego a little before he fucks off because Moana 2 is successful. Stephanie Vaquer is gorgeous. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 9, 2025 If we're ragging on WWE's NXT Random Name Generator, I only found out yesterday that after the demise of "Toxic Attraction" they moved Jacy into "Fatal Influence." Proper "Alan Partridge trying to name is new TV show" vibes. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.