Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

The whole Rock thing on this show really did just give the impression the company don't have faith in the NXT brand to draw viewers.

Rox and Guila should have been main, it was a title switch after a near 6 month feud. But that got 15 minute opener whilst ANOTHER pointless Rock took prominence.

I do believe NXT is really good atm, it's easily the best it's been for years (I would say at least 4 years) but for some reason it feels wwe don't have the faith in it anymore.

Posted

I don't think it's a sign of lack of faith. They've had Punk. They've had Orton. Maybe others I can't remember. If anything it can be perceived the other way in these guys putting over NXT as important and worth turning up for. Plus The Rock has his daughter there too. Any time you can potentially have someone like that on your show it's worth it.

  • Paid Members
Posted
14 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I don't think it's a sign of lack of faith. They've had Punk. They've had Orton. Maybe others I can't remember. If anything it can be perceived the other way in these guys putting over NXT as important and worth turning up for. Plus The Rock has his daughter there too. Any time you can potentially have someone like that on your show it's worth it.

Season 4 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons
 

Remember, they booked Cena, Undertaker, Orton and Punk when NXT and AEW had head to head weeks. That’s the complete opposite of having faith in the brand if anything.

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is that meant to be some kind of clever GIF or something?

Clearly. Gabbo was a ratings stunt to get people to switch over from Krusty the Clown in The Simpsons. So it was related to the rest of my post, if you’d like to respond to that?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Clearly. Gabbo was a ratings stunt to get people to switch over from Krusty the Clown in The Simpsons. So it was related to the rest of my post, if you’d like to respond to that?

I was asking about something I didn't understand. I think that's fair so don't be a dick about it.

Anyway sure if they were all AEW related then it shows they don't have faith that their 3rd brand can beat them.

Still don't think having the Rock on NXT is showing a lack of faith though. No one suggests that when he pops up on Raw or Smackdown.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

I was asking about something I didn't understand. I think that's fair so don't be a dick about it.

Your post reads like a complete dick, if you want the truth, pal. In fact, you seem very passive aggressive all over, and I'd suspect that's because WWE are getting dunked on. Just some honest feedback for you - Scorcher gets told enough.

Posted
16 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Your post reads like a complete dick, if you want the truth, pal. In fact, you seem very passive aggressive all over, and I'd suspect that's because WWE are getting dunked on. Just some honest feedback for you - Scorcher gets told enough.

Well that's not the intention but thanks. I'm just here to discuss things but if you think I'm being passive aggressive then I won't bother posting. I've got way more important things to worry about than stupid arguments so I'll leave it there.

Posted

I think it made perfect sense to have The Rock appear on NXT and was 100% correct to have him appear as the main event when you look at it from a business/TV side

The whole point of having him appear was obviously to get more eyeballs on the product and in turn bigger ratings 

Now on Monday they had more people watch there product then likely ever before worldwide.

How many of those people have never heard of NXT? 

I'd guess a fair chunk, how many of those people will have watched NXT without The Rock being announced? Almost zero

Announcing The Rock on the show will have got people to watch NXT for the 1st time ever, especially over here when you think it hasn't even been on TV in the UK for the past year, you've needed a WWE Network sub to watch it

And the reason you stick him on last (something they cleverly never specifically said was the main event) was to keep people around watching and actually getting to know what the product and brand is about.

So say as a rough example you had 100,000 new viewers as a result of The Rock appearing, If you open with that appearance you run the risk of 99,000 turning straight off as the 1st ad break kicks in.

By opening with the standout biggest match you've immediately got those 100,000 new viewers introduced to 2 of your stars, I don't think it was by accident they opened with 3 consecutive women's matches either, it was surely done deliberately to show NXT is the place for women's wrestling as well

In turn you keep teasing The Rock keeping people watching right until the end 

Now of course some didn't stick around to see The Rock, some watched 2 hours and won't be back but even if it's as little as 10% of the new audience sticks around then it can be seen as a good night.

Posted

That's the first time I've watched NXT for about 6 years.

Fucking hell, will someone please fire Booker T. Absolutely insufferable.

You can tell which guys and girls have worked other places. There's a lot of people that pass the eye test, but seems to be missing the things that make a match work in the connective tissue, especially in the women's division, which is probably why they doubled down on multi woman matches.

Did Dempsey (who I like) and Pillman Jr botch their finish or did the commentators? Surely they should have made more of the fact that King won ostensibly because he headbutted Dempsey in the cock? Was it deliberate? Is he stringing people along with the reformed character schtick. I mean he's not improved, I don't care and young Brian probably just forgot to duck, cos he's shit, but c'mon people.

Did you like Asuka? Here's Giulia, she's like Asuka but without the actual sensuality and danger and y'know more 'hot'. Decent match nowt special. Giulia gets her 6 months to a year on top before moving up to the main roster to eat pins for the people they actually like.

I remember when Karl Fredericks was in the LA Dojo and looked fantastic. Eddy Thorpe, not so much.

  • Paid Members
Posted
18 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Well that's not the intention but thanks. I'm just here to discuss things but if you think I'm being passive aggressive then I won't bother posting. I've got way more important things to worry about than stupid arguments so I'll leave it there.

I'm not suggesting anyone shouldn't post. I just think if you're going to start accusing other people of being a dick, it's worth looking in the mirror first. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

What kind of backward thinking is it to suggest that having The Rock on shows no faith in NXT? I just can't get my brain around that at all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...