Paid Members tiger_rick Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: AEW fans. Come on, you're better than that. There's no issue, surely, with sharing stuff that lets us know the people in major wrestling companies who are nutters and/or criminals? We're not burying our heads to that extent, surely? I don't agree with sticking it in here though, is there not a shit wrestling right wingers thread it can go in? (I'd call it The MAGA Powers) p.s. I'd never heard of this person until they posted that. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted October 9, 2024 Posted October 9, 2024 6 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Come on, you're better than that. There's no issue, surely, with sharing stuff that lets us know the people in major wrestling companies who are nutters and/or criminals? We're not burying our heads to that extent, surely? I don't agree with sticking it in here though, is there not a shit wrestling right wingers thread it can go in? (I'd call it The MAGA Powers) p.s. I'd never heard of this person until they posted that. It was a joke to be fair. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: It was a joke to be fair. I think you knew what you were doing. 13 minutes ago, Jesse said: To jump to Scorcher's defense, I didn't get the vibe that this was a "NXT bad, others good" post. Laughing at wrestlers being thick is a long-historied joy of many an older wrestling fan, and the Performance Center seems to turn out a decent number willing to make their stupidity pretty public on a regular basis. All from the same fun bucket as asking Jericho where his wife was on Jan 6th It was absolutely that. We were ripping the piss out of Drake Younger and the NXT lot and the rest of wrestling idiots who outed themselves for being Qanon (like most recently Kevin Kelly). And I’ve absolutely called Jericho out but as of yet still not been blocked. While I may have a wrestling preference, my tolerance for twats and calling it out in wrestling is universal. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 15 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: I don't agree with sticking it in here though, is there not a shit wrestling right wingers thread it can go in? (I'd call it The MAGA Powers) We definitely need this but especially if it gets that title. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 I thought you were against MAGA threads. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted October 9, 2024 Posted October 9, 2024 8 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I think you knew what you were doing. Having a joke over something that I didn't think anyone was really taking that seriously because actually who gives a shit? Let's all chill out. We're in a timeline where we have CM Punk's kids against Guilia and Stephanie Vaquer. Life is good. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 57 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Having a joke over something that I didn't think anyone was really taking that seriously because actually who gives a shit? Let's all chill out. We're in a timeline where we have CM Punk's kids against Guilia and Stephanie Vaquer. Life is good. I’ll take that as your word and apologise for misinterpreting it. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted October 9, 2024 Posted October 9, 2024 54 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I’ll take that as your word and apologise for misinterpreting it. Honestly, hand on heart, a joke .. silly if anything. You know if I genuinely disagree with you I'll waste hours on it (but trying not to!) Quote
Paid Members Jesse Posted October 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 9, 2024 How are we feeling about Oba Femi? I've mostly dipped out of wrestling beyond what I see on here or clips on Twitter and it seems like his name comes up more and more lately. Is he someone worth spending an evening diving into as a complete package, or someone with potential worth keeping an eye on if he gets the call-up as it seems like he might? Quote
The Dart Posted October 9, 2024 Posted October 9, 2024 He's destined for future superstardom as long as he keeps his personal opinions to himself. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted October 9, 2024 Posted October 9, 2024 20 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: Well this was upsetting to watch. We always knew Trips what a secret Smark but never did I think in my wildest dreams that he’d lurk the Joke/Phrase Retirement thread on off topic. Quote
Rockbus2 Posted October 9, 2024 Posted October 9, 2024 Is it just me or is the NXT women's division really bloated at the moment? No one is really standing out in any way and no one is getting any amount of quality air time to help them do so, outside of the main eventers. Other than that gripe I enjoyed this week's show. The North American Title change was unexpected and a great match. Would have made more sense to put it on after the tag title match maybe as it made the result of that feel like a foregone conclusion. Nice to see Jay appear but he just sort of got in the ring, gave Trick a hug and pissed off again Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted October 11, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 11, 2024 (edited) NXT 08/10/24 Simple but effective opening segment. Trick Williams again looking like a million bucks, radiating star power and sounding great too. I was thinking last week his entrance is very similar to Jey Uso's, not a bad idea to do the cross over and give him a bit of added main roster endorsement. I've seen some complaints that he was upstaged but I didn't get that at all, he still felt like the man at the end of the segment. Wes Lee sounded better than I remember him, not amazing delivery but good enough and the content landed. He did look a little bit like someone asking a question on Question Time, but that's OK. Women's tag was fun, Belair in particular looked excellent. Kelani Jordan looks very capable in-ring but is lacking in personality and charisma, which was only highlighted when partnered with Jade and Bianca. Also a lot of the match was Jade and Bianca completely murdering the heels with ease and Jordan getting her arse kicked. She did a get a couple of good highspots in and ultimately got the pin though. On the heel side, Jazmyn Nyx (peak NXT name there) has nice kicks (kyx) and the way she gets into the ring is very cool, not much else has stood out so far. Fallon Henley has a great look and good presence about her. Jacy Jayne looks to be much the same as she was in Toxic Attraction. She has a good understanding of heel shithousery. OK two weeks in a row now I do not like hearing Nathan Frazer talk at all. Delightfully smug promo from Perez. Cora Jade a little bit more hammy on the mic but they got the point across well. Great to see Vaqeur debut, she's tremendous. As I said last week, with DELTA coming later in the month as well it is a staggeringly strong division they're putting together. Both alliances here obviously built on sketchy foundations as all four of them ultimately want the title, plenty of good stuff to come. Oba Femi is just spectacular isn't he? I'd heard the buzz, was impressed with the look, the voice and the screen presence last week. He looked even better here. Powerful, explosive, tonnes of physical charisma and just has that Lesnar-esque monster aura about him. Great fiery underdog performance from D'Angelo too. I really loved the bit at the beginning where Oba threw a fake punch to make him flinch and prove his point that Tony doesn't have the confidence to dethrone him. Simple story told very effectively here, with D'Angelo physically out-matched but showing enough heart to stay in it, Oba over-confident and acting like his win was inevitable. Oba ultimately making the crucial mistake of knocking over the D'Angelo family at ringside, firing up Tony just enough for him to take the win. Good match with fantastic heat for the duration. Currently getting through an announce table per week here on the CW. Wonder if that's part of the rights deal. Decent match for the tag titles, Nathan Frazer with a particularly impressive showing with the crazy speed and fancy high spots. Thought the babyface team got a much better match out of Theory and Waller than we usually see. Ridge Holland vignette was pretty cool. Him and Osborne fighting and yelling at each other sounded a little bit like a fight outside a 'Spoons on a Saturday night, which I appreciated. Ethan Page interrupting the concert was a good dick move. Such a shame the RKO spot went wrong in the main event. Other than that I thought it was a really fun veteran vs underdog match, with Orton way ahead in experience but occasionally getting caught out by Evans' speed and amazing athleticism. Ava Raine remains an incredibly unconvincing GM but she sounded better than last week at least. So far enjoying NXT on CW. Hoping after the first few weeks on the new network they'll ease off on the main roster people a little as I want to sample the rest of the NXT roster, but I get why they're doing it and so far they've all been in service of giving the rub to their featured NXT prospects. The main thing I like about it so far is what I loved about black and gold NXT when I watched that every week (all the way til the start of 2.0 in fact) - It's just very very simple week to week wrestling TV with logical booking. They set up the key matches last week and recapped them at the start of the show, they set up some clear directions and matches for next week and left the show with a clear indication of what next week's main event will be and why. Also having not watched for quite a long time, it feels fresh being introduced to new characters or people I haven't seen for a while. Plus it's a nice breezy watch due to the short run time and snappy pacing. Edited October 12, 2024 by JLM Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.