Did that really happen?

tiger_rick

On 1/31/2021 at 12:41 PM, BrodyGraham said:

In retrospect the James Ellsworth thing was fucking weird wasn't it?Ā 

Perhaps the strangest part of it all was Daniel Bryan constantly referring to the size of his dick on Network programming.

The really weird thing was how he had a 'Dog Gimmick' for Carmella (I think it was her?). Like something straight out of the attitude era yet it was only a couple of years ago.

Ā 

This one came to mind earlier-Remember when Natalya had a farting gimmick? It last about 3 weeks.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

John Cena announcing Bin Ladenā€™s death to a big pop,Ā as if heā€™s Teddy Long announcing a tag team match.

ā€œCompromised to a permanent end.ā€Ā Haha. What a weird company.Ā 

It's a work. He's just laying low in OVW till the heat dies down.

• Paid Members

John Oliver (pre Last Week Tonight) covered Cena's announcementĀ in the Bugle podcast. Someone explaining anything to do with wrestling to non-wrestling fans always adds an extra element of it, but 'he was, at the time, sleeveless' is what I always think of first when I think of that.

I reckon 'compromised to a permanent end' is Vince McMahon speak. It's got that thing, as some are talking about in the commentary thread, of sounding like someone who thinks using complicated language sounds intelligent. Also, I can entirely imagine McMahon having an issue with saying 'killed' for some weird reason.

6 hours ago, Supremo said:

John Cena announcing Bin Ladenā€™s death to a big pop,Ā as if heā€™s Teddy Long announcing a tag team match.

ā€œCompromised to a permanent end.ā€Ā Haha. What a weird company.Ā 

The national anthem playing as Cena celebrates, THE PRIDE!

Ā 

Ā 

Seriously, its like a parody of American culture.

42 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I reckon 'compromised to a permanent end' is Vince McMahon speak

It could be that John Cena is a robot.Ā 

Listening to Wrestleme covering the Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse match and watching back the stuff leading to the match and the match. Miz's parody hits very close to home.Ā 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tsurutagun said:

Listening to Wrestleme covering the Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse match and watching back the stuff leading to the match and the match. Miz's parody hits very close to home.Ā 

Iā€™m still disgusted that Miz didnā€™t get another run with the title after how good he was with this and the Daniel Bryan (re)feud.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

This was strange at the time, and even stranger looking back. Basically an SNL-style cold open.

Ā 

That was a spoof of the Monday Night Football opening from the week before that caused big controversy in the US at the time

EDIT: found a video of it Skip to 11 minutes to see the opening

Edited by MVP RULZ