Did that really happen?

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I'm just relieved  they didn't get a guy in drag to play Momma Benjamin.

Was the Mania 25 Matt Vs Jeff match the I quit match  where Matt Quit after Jeff sellotaped him to a table then climbed a ladder to give him a swanton?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Was the Mania 25 Matt Vs Jeff match the I quit match  where Matt Quit after Jeff sellotaped him to a table then climbed a ladder to give him a swanton?

That was the infinitely superior rematch at Extreme/Backlash. Matt won at Mania.

Sometimes think i might have dreamt this, clearly that was actually Vince.

Also Rumble related - apparently Randy Orton won it a few years back. And also Orton related...

Little recollection of that whole deal.

On the subject of Momma Benjamin - I can't find it, so maybe it didn't actually happen and is merely a troubling creation of my mind, but i have a vague recollection of some PPV having a bizarre dance interlude of sorts with loads of folks 'Eddie Murphied' up as her. ...Did that really happen!?

2 minutes ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

On the subject of Momma Benjamin - I can't find it, so maybe it didn't actually happen and is merely a troubling creation of my mind, but i have a vague recollection of some PPV having a bizarre dance interlude of sorts with loads of folks 'Eddie Murphied' up as her. ...Did that really happen!?

It was Shelton's intro I think, else it's a collective hallucination. Yputube is being obstructive.

I have however found this and my heart is glad

WWE.com posts SPECTACULAR gallery photos of RAW from 2005 - 2010 era! |  Page 2 | Wrestling Forum

50 minutes ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

We may bemoan the WWE, for the shitty matches, the bad storylines and the pushes of awful wrestlers but sometimes adverts like this make up for some of the bad shit.

Although, I was not ready for the close-up shot of Chris Benoit.

30 minutes ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

Also Rumble related - apparently Randy Orton won it a few years back. And also Orton related...

Was the dancing not a bunch of dancers with Brodus Clay at a mania?

On 31/01/2021 at 7:29 PM, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

I think this was Brodus Clay but where and when is a mystery. 

• Paid Members
On 31/01/2021 at 7:29 PM, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

IIRC this was the shoot they did at Universal in Orlando & TNA sent a "welcoming committee" including Abyss with some balloons.

I think they showed footage of Mysterio, with wig still attached to mask, chatting to Road Dogg/BG James on Impact.

• Paid Members
On 02/02/2021 at 1:52 PM, Statto said:

IIRC this was the shoot they did at Universal in Orlando & TNA sent a "welcoming committee" including Abyss with some balloons.

I think they showed footage of Mysterio, with wig still attached to mask, chatting to Road Dogg/BG James on Impact.

They had to blur out Rey's face for fear of legal repercussions from WWE, didn't they?