Youtube Thread 2000

PowerButchi

• 2 weeks later...

An aging Macho Man with zero steroids in him partners Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles against Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. Macho's last in ring performance I believe? Actually an entertaining match. Macho saving the day looked shit but you could forgive it because he's a Mount Rushmore of Wrestling. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Realised I'd never (as far as I'm aware) seen any of Jack Victory's stuff, outside of his later ECW run where he was basically Steve Corino's lackey and couldn't really wrestle due to shattering his knee. 

Stumbled across this nice ten minute match between a 20 year old Victory and the ever-watchable Brad Armstrong from 1985.

Turns out he was actually pretty good! Also, that channel is a goldmine for this sort of stuff. 

• Paid Members

"THIS IS ABOUT MONEY!" The MEM angle had long turned to shit by this point, but Sting and especially Nash (who even managed to make Pajama Joe sound like a deadly threat) made for a great segment here. I know it's a common trope for people to pretend they're going to attack a heel before they predictably turn round and get the babyface, but this always came across as more, to me. Nash seems genuinely conflicted and it's only when he's turned round, had a good look and weighed up what he's up against in the Mafia that he realises he'd be fucked if he goes for the fairy-tale option of siding with Sting. Really good wrestling TV.

• 4 weeks later...

Cracking little match between Lex Luger and Eddie Guerrero on an episode of WCW Saturday Night in early '96.

Lex had his working boots on that night. Much more competitive than you would assume, given their respective positions within the company at the time. 

Here's a wrestling moment of the year you might miss. Big E storming in at 5:50 and popping the room, hopping up and down. I almost cried. Damn, it's good to see him good. 

• Paid Members

I imagine it's been posted before, but William Regal under a mask as The Hellraiser in 1991 for the EWF (who I know absolutely nothing about, but would be interested to hear more on) in France. If nothing else a fun little squash and a look at some random early 90s Eurosport wrestling!