Youtube Thread 2000

PowerButchi

• 2 weeks later...

I'd actually never seen this before - the infamous Bruiser Brody v Abdullah the Butcher match (or one of them) -Ā 

Ā 

Jesus Christ, it's brutal. Ā And in front of little kids in the audience!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

@JNListerĀ I'm glad you read it - I'm on holiday, so hadn't had chance to plug that post, and that and my Great Antonio bio are my favourite things I've written on that blog.

I wish I knew more about the circumstances behind that match, though, rather than just sort of throwing it out there. Probably requires some translation work to get to the bottom of it.

The other Geoff Capes wrestling tidbit I know is that he came 4th in the 1982 World's Strongest Man, which was won by Bill Kazmaier, with Tom McGee in second place. Chris Dolman actually wrestled Kazmaier too.

Ā 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

@JNListerĀ I'm glad you read it - I'm on holiday, so hadn't had chance to plug that post, and that and my Great Antonio bio are my favourite things I've written on that blog.

I wish I knew more about the circumstances behind that match, though, rather than just sort of throwing it out there. Probably requires some translation work to get to the bottom of it.

The other Geoff Capes wrestling tidbit I know is that he came 4th in the 1982 World's Strongest Man, which was won by Bill Kazmaier, with Tom McGee in second place. Chris Dolman actually wrestled Kazmaier too.

Ā 

Also, Capes and Kazmaier were in the 1980 one alongside Billy Graham.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...