Youtube Thread 2000

PowerButchi

Erik Watts v. Chris Benoit

Yoshi Kwan v. Frankie Lancaster

Mark Starr v. Big Sky

2 Cold Scorpio & Marcus Alexander Bagwell v. Harlem Heat

Johnny B. Badd v. Maxx Payne

They ran Winston-Salem the same day with the bigger names. Brought in 1,200 according to Cagematch.

Cagematch had this show as 130. Looking at the B show loop it must have been depressing. As they would hit those kind of numbers on other shows.

• Paid Members
On 3/11/2022 at 3:06 PM, Snitsky's back acne said:

A WCW house show from 1993 in front of less than 100 people in a gym in Bloomfield Indiana.

No music. No PA System. Times were BAD in 1993!

Is that Tony Gillam as the ring announcer? 

I saw in April 1993 WCW ran MSG and were charging $25 for ringside seats. Imagine what they charged at that gym house show and the attendance. No wonder Bischoff stopped running all house shows when he got the power to do so. It was Bob Dhue who was in charge of the house show business in 1993. According to Bischoff on his podcast, he said Dhue knew they were badly losing money on house shows, so to alleviate this, his remedy was to...do even more house shows.

I saw WCW also use to run shows for trainees and experienced wrestlers at a place called the Crystal Chandelier in Georgia. You were lucky on those shows if you got more than 50 people to show up.

13 minutes ago, Rossman said:

I saw in April 1993 WCW ran MSG and were charging $25 for ringside seats. Imagine what they charged at that gym house show and the attendance. No wonder Bischoff stopped running all house shows when he got the power to do so. It was Bob Dhue who was in charge of the house show business in 1993. According to Bischoff on his podcast, he said Dhue knew they were badly losing money on house shows, so to alleviate this, his remedy was to...do even more house shows.

I saw WCW also use to run shows for trainees and experienced wrestlers at a place called the Crystal Chandelier in Georgia. You were lucky on those shows if you got more than 50 people to show up.

Not sure it would be MSG. I know they ran the smaller theater that was part of the complex.

• Paid Members

WWE are a bit random with their choices of free full matches on their channel but today you all need to watch this.

Let’s be honest ; it’s better than Mania X.

• Paid Members

I posted in here about Gary Hart recently, well that Kayfabe Commentaries YouTube channel has uploaded his Guest Booker;

I’ve seen his RF shoot years ago but never this. I remember reading about this at the time as Gary passed away the day after this was filmed, Sean Oliver talks a bit about it at the start of the video. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, LSM said:

A quick 10 minute Q & A with MJF from this past weekend in Liverpool.

Amongst all the swearing and insults there's some pretty decent answers given.

All improved as well considering he hadn’t been scheduled to do one that day. I hope Monopoly put up the other Q&As from the weekend as there were some ones I missed out on for various reasons