Youtube Thread 2000

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Don’t know what’s triggered it but I’ve become a bit obsessed with Gary Hart interviews lately. Well, just Gary Hart in general. He’s someone I’ve always known of but not someone I’ve ever been all that familiar with really. Not like managers I grew up watching all the time like Heenan, Cornette, Dangerously and so on. I think throughout my whole childhood my only reference to him would’ve been his appearances on the Starrcade 89 ‘Future Shock’ VHS I had, when he was managing Muta.

Over the years I’ve read more about him and watched more of him (although still mostly the J-Tex stuff in WCW in 89) and realised he was a much bigger player than I’d previously known, but he’s still someone I feel like I should’ve seen a lot more of. 

What a creepy, evil looking, fascinating character.

Seen some of his shoot interviews as well and he’s such an interesting and engaging guy to listen to. And obviously completely different to his on screen persona. Even just the sound of his voice is such a contrast. It’s weird watching his old promos with the accent and the sinister tone and then listening to the real him here, with such a friendly soothing voice. Great story teller as well. 

I’m rambling but he’s someone we don’t really talk about that much on here do we? I guess because most of his best stuff would’ve either been before most of us were watching and in territories that weren’t so readily available over here back then.

What a character though. The look, the voice, the way he carried himself, managing, booking etc. I’ve always heard his book is great as well but is pretty much impossible to get hold of these days. 

00708ADD-1016-438F-963B-8951B93251BB.jpeg

On 1/31/2022 at 6:52 PM, wandshogun09 said:

What a character though. The look, the voice, the way he carried himself, managing, booking etc. I’ve always heard his book is great as well but is pretty much impossible to get hold of these days. 

His book is a fantastic read. I tried to get it for years but as you say it's almost impossible to get hold of and very expensive when a copy does appear. I eventually relented and read an E-pub that someone on here sent me. Happy to pay it forward if you are interested. 

• Paid Members
On 2/6/2022 at 12:56 PM, NavigatorFan said:

His book is a fantastic read. I tried to get it for years but as you say it's almost impossible to get hold of and very expensive when a copy does appear. I eventually relented and read an E-pub that someone on here sent me. Happy to pay it forward if you are interested. 

If it’s no bother mate. 

• Paid Members

I’ve updated the ITV wrestling site to add YouTube video links for a whole bunch of British stuff other than the main ITV slot.

http://itvwrestling.co.uk/post88.html has Jackie Pallo’s WAW, a taping from Scotland and the Transatlantic Wrestling Challenge.

http://itvwrestling.co.uk/other.html has near complete runs of Satellite Wrestling from Screensport and Reslo from S4C.

4 hours ago, JNLister said:

I’ve updated the ITV wrestling site to add YouTube video links for a whole bunch of British stuff other than the main ITV slot.

http://itvwrestling.co.uk/post88.html has Jackie Pallo’s WAW, a taping from Scotland and the Transatlantic Wrestling Challenge.

http://itvwrestling.co.uk/other.html has near complete runs of Satellite Wrestling from Screensport and Reslo from S4C.

You've put some cracking stuff up on YouTube lately.

Top stuff, John.

Bit random. I just binged Peacemaker and there's a scene where John Cena plays a piano piece. The way it was shot made it look like he was faking it, and he maybe was for shooting purposes. I then sought out the Peacemaker playlist and it turns out he's actually credited as the artist on "Home Sweet Home".

This led me on a John Cena deepdive on if he can play piano.

and just for more randomness. Talking in Mandarin while playing piano.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

One of the best night-long angles ever. I can't tell you if they'd really gave up already on Orton and were just experimenting to see how people would react to Batista deliberately (as it came across to me), or if they were just getting out of having Triple H defend the belt that week, but it was brilliant booking either way. The way they put a pin on it but then also sow seeds further should they revisit it later with the "you still should have beat Jericho" line is masterful.

Edit: Ignore any timestamps, they're accidental.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

They had definitely given up on Orton at that point, HHH had beat him in the rematch at Unforgiven and he was relegated to wrestling Flair at the next PPV. Was a great way to test the waters with Big Dave though, and he passed with flying carpets. Cracking angle.

• 2 weeks later...