Youtube Thread 2000

PowerButchi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Looks like it might be one of the Yearbooks that I think were compiled by people on the DeathValleyDriver boards back in the day. I have a few of them, they're great fun. I'm not sure how many they did, but they definitely covered 1990 - 1996. 

4 hours ago, Chili said:

The new Wrestle Me vid about Spiros Arion causing a riot in Leicester on World of Sport is fantastic work.

There are two heels I wish had been seen by a wider audience. One is Gentleman Jimmy Ocean and the other is Spiros Arion. He was legitimately scary. Looked it, sounded it. His wrestling was a bit OTT and his mannerisms could be clownish, but he probably needed to be to offset the genuine intimidation factor. Would've loved to have seen him come back '85 for a run against Hulk Hogan with Bobby Heenan as his manager. Can imagine him doing the job to the legdrop and then doing the "Pull me back" deal after the match where he'd be looking like he was trying to rush the ring again for more before walking off.

• Paid Members
On 5/25/2023 at 4:49 PM, davertfnewman said:

There are two heels I wish had been seen by a wider audience. One is Gentleman Jimmy Ocean

I saw him a few times in solo matches at Stockport Town Hall in the early 90’s.  Physically quite a small slight guy, but just had this air of fucking nasty psycho bastard who would bite your face off for a bag of chips.  Very intense and is still one of the most convincing heels I’ve ever seen.

8 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

I saw him a few times in solo matches at Stockport Town Hall in the early 90’s.  Physically quite a small slight guy, but just had this air of fucking nasty psycho bastard who would bite your face off for a bag of chips.  Very intense and is still one of the most convincing heels I’ve ever seen.

Absolutely! I saw him a few times on Brian Dixon cards in Cannock at the Prince of Wales Theatre. Kinda the Bret Hart to Ricky Knight's Jim Neidhart. Small, covered in tattoos, snarling and scowling, has the bad two-tone haircut and gawdy tights, but looked hard, could fly all over. He wrestled Adam Kilby in a captain's match and was doing one of the best heel moves from a pinfall position where he was facing South with Kilby's head North. When Kilby would lift his shoulder he would hit him in the balls, so the ref would rush round to question him on it and he'd put his hand behind him to choke Kilby while begging off, which he kept going for a good minute or so.

At the end of the night it was him with Buffalo Brehney against both Alan and Adam Kilby, and again it made for a good father and son versus sneaky little shit and big hard bastard tag match too.

It didn't hurt that there was a story in the nineties that he'd come back to his room at one of the holiday camps after a match and found a bloke screwing his missus, so he beat the ever-loving shit out of him. Got arrested for it, but reminded you he was not to be messed with.

Edited by davertfnewman