Youtube Thread 2000

PowerButchi

• 2 weeks later...

This channel popped into my recommendations the other day. The Gaora Sports Japanese TV channel seemed to have bumped up their Puro uploads for the last few months. Plenty of great stuff on there.

They have Goldberg's two AJPW matches on there. AJPW was in the shitter already by this point, but I think this really put an end to them as a big company in Japan. I remember reading about it in Powerslam that they paid Bill an insane amount of cash to come in for these two matches. They paid a shit tonne of money for an outsider to squash two of your companies big stars in under five minutes. Surely up there with the stupidest booking decision of all time. Kojima is jobbed out in 3 minutes to a neck breaker, and not even the bloody Jackhammer. Kea is then pinned in 3 minutes after a slam, and Bill is never seen of again. Why AJPW did this is beyond me:

On an unrelated note, a nice HD version has just been uploaded of the greatest German Suplex in the history of wrestling. 6 mins in:

Edited by Dai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

King Kong Bundy never gets talked up much. But this shoot interview is delightful. He has some age old opinions but generally King Kong Bundy would have probably been a delight in a locker room. Nice vibe of not really caring too much without being a dickhead. His WRESTLEMANIA 2 main event probably works against him in the long term of opinions on folk.

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members

I'm low-key fascinated by forgotten matches by the WWE part-time crew during the part timer era, especially non-PPV ones. Example ; you'll remember Hunter entering himself into the Rumble for Roman's belt and winning, retaining against Ambrose at Roadblock before predictably losing it back to Reigns at Mania 32. But do you remember this one?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The amazing Kim Justice has done a deep dive into the Misawa/Kawada fued. The first video is the history of both of them, and the back story of the Kings Road style. His whole channel is a gold mine of fantastic videos. 

Great video, and plenty of great nuggets of info about their early years (Kawada in the US, and having a Rockers-esque tag team, etc). I never realised Misawa was Tiger Mask for so long. I always thought it was only a couple of years before he unmasked, not six. He was already nearing ten years of experience before he did the Jumbo match as the fresh faced youngster. 

90s AJPW is probably my favourate era ever, so these vids are a treat. Will have to bust out those fantastic 6 man tags from the early 90s I think!