Youtube Thread 2000

PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator

The ever excellent Wrestling Bios is continuing his rundown of the Monday Night Wars. He has finally reached Over The Edge. 

Ryan has mentioned for weeks that he has not been looking forward to it and mulled over whether to even cover it. He's come down on the side that it needs mentioning. He handles it with consummate class and any video revenue plus his merch for Feb goes to the Owen Hart Foundation. 

It's still absolutely gut wrenching to watch. Just a horrendous production all round. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
21 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I should declare an interest here, because this is my mate's channel, but he's done some fun, easter egg filled cartoons to accompany some wrestling stories. Enjoy. 

The placement of the YouTube play icon made me do a serious double take on the title of this one.

On 2/13/2024 at 4:17 PM, Snitsky's back acne said:

Japanese legend Hayabusa wrestling some scrub in a dingy nightclub in Florida in 1995.
No idea of the venue but it looks tiny and the crowd is silent throughout. No idea who the wrestlers are who attack 'HAY-BUSA!!!' afterwards,
All very bizarre,.

That's when he was over in the US for a few weeks after a lengthy Mexico excursion, he was living with Mike Awesome and had the WWF looking to sign him around this time, too.

38 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

That's when he was over in the US for a few weeks after a lengthy Mexico excursion, he was living with Mike Awesome and had the WWF looking to sign him around this time, too.

Yeah, I wish there was more information out there about the shows he worked in Florida etc.
It's all very vague/minimal.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

I should declare an interest here, because this is my mate's channel, but he's done some fun, easter egg filled cartoons to accompany some wrestling stories. Enjoy. 

Super talented guy. Had my fill of wrestling bullshit stories. The cartoons are brilliant though. Glad I'm not the only one with a framed Boss Man photo on the wall.

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Super talented guy. Had my fill of wrestling bullshit stories. The cartoons are brilliant though. Glad I'm not the only one with a framed Boss Man photo on the wall.

Really enjoyed those. Tell ya boy he's done good.

I never knew ECW worked with W*ING before they ever went Extreme, showing 10 minutes of highlights on TV before a few guys came over likely because of Doug Gilbert who was working with Eddie as The Dark Patriot at the time. He even donned the Freddy Krueger gear for one match on ECW TV.

• Paid Members

Here's a fun match that I really enjoyed ; heel Owen Hart vs heel Mankind from a January 97 Raw ;

I post it today because it's largely forgotten to history ; even at the time it didn't make it to the relevant "Best Of Raw" tape despite being a good little match with a proper finish. It was especially interesting to me because it was another of the fairly common heel vs heel matches they seemed to not shy away from in late 96/early 97, with Owen playing face more out of the two of them. It's a fun little way to spend 10 minutes if you're a fan of either wrestler or of the era, which I so obviously am.

Ive added a few bits of lost footage to youtube/dailymotion of the infamous Steve Austin & Vince McMahon Byte This interviews form 2002 that led to Austin walking out. Plus some off air footage of Kurt Angle soaking the Alliance, pretty much the only sharable footage i recovered from a couple of compilation tapes i made 20 odd years ago

Kurt Angle off air footage
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8skr5u