Youtube Thread 2000

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

This is worth a watch. Lex Luger reacting to his best career moments;

Never realised that when he beat Hogan for the WCW title on Nitro in 1997, it was actually in the very same arena as his fumbled WWF title shot against Yokozuna at SummerSlam 93. The Palace Of Auburn Hills in Michigan. Love shit like that. 

• Paid Members

I lost interest when it moved onto the insults part on, but there's some gems in those first few minutes that I've never noticed before. "It's Michael Jackson!", "KEVIN NASH!", "He's got a great point, Sting" and the fan correcting the other fan on if they liked the Miz or not all got me.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

Fancam of the 99 Rumble. It's totally bizarre watching a PPV I've watched on tape about a dozen times from this perspective. I know audiences are loud as ever on some shows now, but there's just a total energy in the building here that comes through the recording. It's incredible. Love how the opening pyro even just feels completely unhinged and a bit unsafe. 

Double post but the reaction at 1:00 gives me goosebumps. On a night CM Punk has his first match back and by any other standards gets a giant reaction, the Dashing one showed up and was basically Bruce fucking Sammartino. 

• Paid Members
On 12/18/2023 at 7:47 AM, Onyx2 said:

Maven returns to chat more ex colleagues, but of interest is his final segment on Benoit. Honest, classy and professional. Start about 34 mins if you want to skip:

Love what Maven's doing on YT. Creating YouTube-style videos tailored to the platform is a great way of doig it when you look at his titles/thumbnails etc, but then the actual content itself I've always found to be an enjoyable watch too. 

Yeah Maven's YouTube series is really good. As in actually watchable. He's a good presenter too and doesn't seem like a prick. Good lad, deserves a bit of something given he was a bit of a sad story for while, to the point when people asked if he was Maven he'd deny it. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Love what Maven's doing on YT. Creating YouTube-style videos tailored to the platform is a great way of doig it when you look at his titles/thumbnails etc, but then the actual content itself I've always found to be an enjoyable watch too. 

Yeah he's nailed the formula and really, what he's doing is "shoot interviews" without the interview bit, well made and not hour long baggy rants. And he's so charismatic too. 

It's the way he's presenting the videos as though you're not a wrestling fan or don't know anything about the inside of the business. There's just something really fresh about it - none of the bitter encumbrance of shoot interviews - that's enjoyable to listen to even if it's validating things you could probably have already guessed about the roster. It helps that his time was the Ruthless Aggression era which - in terms of behind the scenes stuff - hasn't been too overexposed. 

Be cool to get him back for a Rumble appearance if his body is still up for it. Maybe he could dropkick Kane or one of the big lads over the top rope. He still looks in decent nick . He might not want to considering his addiction issues in the past, which is fair enough. The videos are very well put together and an easy watch. He seems like a nice lad above all else., best of luck to him.

• Paid Members

That music as well blaring out in a massive stadium - that would be ace. 

He’s technically the first WWE performer I ever saw wrestle live - he had a dark match with Robbie Brookside at the first ever UK-based Raw taping in November of 2004. 

… Fuck’s sake, I want this to happen now. 

• Paid Members

Maven’s class. I caught a clip of him on Rene Dupree’s podcast a while back, just stumbled on it by accident when it started playing after something else. Such an engaging and entertaining talker. Seems really switched on and not all up his own arse. I think the fact he seems in a good place and content with his life away from wrestling now is the reason for that. There’s no inflated ego there or him having axes to grind or angling for another run. Really happy to see him doing his thing and seemingly doing well with his YouTube channel. Seeing him on Rene’s podcast it struck me that he’d be perfect with his own podcast, he was way more interesting to listen to than Rene or that British host on there. But I think he’s been smart and recognised the podcast market is flooded now and he’s gone the YouTuber route instead with the shorter, more slick videos. That’ll definitely appeal to a wider audience who don’t have the time or patience to sit through 2 hour podcasts of mostly drivel. Fair play to him. 

Edited by wandshogun09