AEW Video Games

Merzbow

33 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

That's how much pretty much all new games cost so why shouldn't they? If no one buys it it'll be half price in 3 months.

Pretty much what @Merzbowsaid. From what we've been told, the game is lacking in some pretty significant areas to be charging a AAA rate for the game, in particular creation options. I feel that they'd be better off at a lower price point, especially if their plan is to keep updating the game with paid DLC.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Pretty much what @Merzbowsaid. From what we've been told, the game is lacking in some pretty significant areas to be charging a AAA rate for the game, in particular creation options. I feel that they'd be better off at a lower price point, especially if their plan is to keep updating the game with paid DLC.

How long do most games stay at £60? Even the new WWE game is £20 for Black Friday. That was at £60 for launch. If you want to wait for it to go down in price, that’s your prerogative. At the same time, the more people the more people at launch, the more money they make back and the more chance of a franchise.

1 hour ago, 69MeDon said:

Like what?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

If the core gameplay is cracking then it'll be worth £60 if that's what's important to you as a player. Even if it doesn't have all the pointless bells and whistles and filler that the majority of AAA games have.

Edited by LaGoosh

7 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

This thread is over 2 years old now and still no game.  I think GTA 7 will be out before this.

There's a big difference between announcing a game because it's time to begin marketing its release, and announcing it because you want people to know you're a serious big time wrestling company that has its own video games.

And with the way the developer's yearly schedule worked out for WWE games, I wouldn't begrudge them the time they need to make a proper fist of this one. Whether it results in a good game or not, at least they aren't being rushed.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

I read some comments from Kenny Omega in which he was saying that the latest delay is due to them having to take some of the blood and guts out of the game in order to achieve a 'Teen' rating for it.

I've been excited for this game since it was announced, but I have to admit to being pretty disappointed with the way it's looking. If they weren't ever going to achieve top-tier realistic graphics I'd have preferred then to have gone with a stylised graphic look instead of walking through the uncanny valley with it.

Edited by Arch Stanton