AEW Video Games

Merzbow

2 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

I went back on it last night,.First time in weeks, and it's more and more obvious how out of date the roster and suchlike is. I wanted to go on as The Acclaimed or Daddy Ass for example, as its not like they've just joined, nowhere to be seen. 

They really need an update with major roster updates and changes or get FF2 out ASAP

They need loads of updates, I think free costume updates is a must. At least free updates so you can make a decent Billy Gunn.

To be honest I'd be happy to pay £25 for an update next year with a new story, 10 or 12 new characters, a couple of match types, All In Stadium.

They need: Acclaimed, Hayter, Saraya, Swerve, Yuta, White,Gunns, Robinson, Jarrett. Probably more.

• 2 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

I gave in over Christmas and bought the DLC. Picked the game up again this week and discovered that now, if you’re playing with No DQ and look under the ring for a weapon, there’s a chance that instead of getting an item, Danhausen will pop out and curse you. My Christian Cage was not happy and went on to lose his Ladder Match against Danielson, but it’s a fun little addition to the game.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

27 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I gave in over Christmas and bought the DLC. Picked the game up again this week and discovered that now, if you’re playing with No DQ and look under the ring for a weapon, there’s a chance that instead of getting an item, Danhausen will pop out and curse you. My Christian Cage was not happy and went on to lose his Ladder Match against Danielson, but it’s a fun little addition to the game.

right I'm playing no dq tonight 

7 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Played again and got cursed. Playing again just annoyed me, Samoa Joe, Toni Storm and Julia Hart are not in it. Neither is Swerve. The season 2 pass is shite, 20 quid for Acclaimed,Storm and a couple of modes. 

Wow, I hadn't realised the DLC price was so high - is that all you get at the moment (ie. are more characters/modes on the way as part of season 2) or is that everything you get as part of the pass? I'd been considering getting the game, but if that's what they're charging for a relatively small amount of extra content...maybe not. 

Edited by RedRooster

The amount of people still playing has dropped to a wildly low amount if we go by Steam's statistics and the new content didn't help things at all. There are a total of 5 people playing right now out of all the people who own the game on PC..

2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The amount of people still playing has dropped to a wildly low amount if we go by Steam's statistics and the new content didn't help things at all. There are a total of 5 people playing right now out of all the people who own the game on PC..

MPDTT and 4 burner accounts.

I actually really enjoyed what I played of it. My brother and I spent ages playing it back in the summer. I kind of expected it to find its audience as a multiplayer game because it's such dumb fun, but I guess not. It's a shame, because it's not a bad game. It's not a great game, but there's a lot of fun to be had with it.

I liked it enough to have bought it after playing my brother's copy, though I traded it in while the price was still high, with the intention of repurchasing when the price dropped. That's happened, but the DLC price really puts me off - it felt unfinished on release, so the added content is probably essential. 

Edited by RedRooster

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Wow, I hadn't realised the DLC price was so high - is that all you get at the moment (ie. are more characters/modes on the way as part of season 2) or is that everything you get as part of the pass? I'd been considering getting the game, but if that's what they're charging for a relatively small amount of extra content...maybe not. 

that's all you get as part of season 2. 

If think for 20 quid the base game is worth it. However the caw is poor so you can't even make the wrestlers. You have an abundance of moves and hand gestures to make any wrestler but making them look like a wrestler is useless.

They needed to add a cheap 20 quid update with a dozen or more wrestlers or new outfits for wrestlers.

It needs

Storm

Joe

Ospreay

White

Copeland

Hart

Swerve 

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

If the online experience hadn't been waiting and waiting and waiting for anyone to join, I'd have enjoyed this a lot more, I think. The handful of matches I had online were fun, and the couple of times the Anarchy match wasn't just bots, they were fun.

Frustrating one - it was way too expensive for what it was, but it was a fun game to pick up and play. Enjoyed it, and if there were more there to keep me around, I'd still be playing.

5 minutes ago, Chris B said:

If the online experience hadn't been waiting and waiting and waiting for anyone to join, I'd have enjoyed this a lot more, I think. The handful of matches I had online were fun, and the couple of times the Anarchy match wasn't just bots, they were fun.

Frustrating one - it was way too expensive for what it was, but it was a fun game to pick up and play. Enjoyed it, and if there were more there to keep me around, I'd still be playing.

Same. I had a blast playing it local multiplayer, but realistically it wasn't ever going to be the first choice if I had guests over. I thought the single player content was good too, but not enough to prevent me from trading it in as opposed to letting it gather dust. AEW has such a dedicated fanbase that it's pretty telling that there's no community built around it. There's definitely potential, if they can release a sequel that feels more complete. 

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

A few years ago I worked on a (frankly pretty terrible) Fast and Furious game.  The management REALLY wanted a multiplayer element so we spent quite a chunk of development time (many man-years) making an online multiplayer mode with about 6 different game types.  You needed 2-6 players for a match IIRC. 

Just after launch I looked at the stats and I think the most number of players to ever have been playing multiplayer simultaneously was, like, 20.

Sad thing is, the multiplayer was probably more fun than the singleplayer!