AEW Video Games

Merzbow

25 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

What's wrong with it?

Just a bit of a mess, controls seem heavily off, attacking people is actually quite difficult. To be honest it could be just that I played it on a Switch rather than a PS5/X Box Series and Switch just struggles with 30 online players. I expected a mess but in a fun way, this just wasn't fun. 

6 hours ago, Vamp said:

I feel sorry for the developers. Must be frustrating to be asked to make a half finished wrestling game and a half finished battle royale. 

The developers made a fun game, it just has certain things missing which stop it being a really good game such as match types, commentary, wrestlers voices and CAW. I don't know how difficult it is to make a 6 man tag or a cage match but it's things that need added. The CAW doesn't need to be great it's just poor right now and commentary was something on PS1 games so I kind of feel that can't be hard. 

Some people may like the Battle Royale, I'll play it a few more times and it may grow on me. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

To be honest it could be just that I played it on a Switch rather than a PS5/X Box Series and Switch just struggles with 30 online players.

If you're on Switch you've been very lucky to get a go at it at all, I'd say! Mad that they've made it all online when there's seemingly so few players out there, I've not even been able to get a 1-on-1 opponent for weeks!

It's extra annoying as it is a really good hand-held game, and otherwise runs really well on Switch.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Statto said:

If you're on Switch you've been very lucky to get a go at it at all, I'd say! Mad that they've made it all online when there's seemingly so few players out there, I've not even been able to get a 1-on-1 opponent for weeks!

It's frustrating it's not cross-platform. I've been struggling with the same thing on Steam Deck. Can never find opponents.

1 minute ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

I tried a few goes of it. I found it harder than I thought specifically because the controls are different to the main game so I ended up jumping everywhere compared to grappling.

yeah despite the controls being on the screen I did the same. Went to grapple and just jumped over people 

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I tried to play on PS4 the other day but it tried to get me to take out a PlayStation+ subscription. I assume Im unable to play any sort of online without the sub?

Yeah, it's sadly been that way for a while now. I think free to play games are the exception.

• 2 months later...

I went back on it last night,.First time in weeks, and it's more and more obvious how out of date the roster and suchlike is. I wanted to go on as The Acclaimed or Daddy Ass for example, as its not like they've just joined, nowhere to be seen. 

They really need an update with major roster updates and changes or get FF2 out ASAP

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete