AEW Video Games

Merzbow

12 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Guaranteed money. More eyeballs and still get their DLC sales which is meant to be how they're keeping the game relevant as they're not doing a new version every year.

Yep. Microsoft likely went to them with an offer, more so than AEW going to them. MS need a steady stream of games the keep the service alive.

11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That’s a PR disaster waiting to happen in the age of #MeToo and #SpeakingOut

They've already made the decision that people upset about that kind of thing are people whose business they don't need. It's not like Allin's quietly seeing out his contract on their C-shows.

8 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

They've already made the decision that people upset about that kind of thing are people whose business they don't need. It's not like Allin's quietly seeing out his contract on their C-shows.

True. What a twat the owner is. 

I also get the vibe of TNA's video game. Which had a really good engine but very little substance for you to return to once you completed the story mode. In the 90's you could get away with just having a really good game engine (War Zone and Attitude were games i spent hours doing just exhibition matches for example) but in this day and age where free video games like Fortnite give you new weekly content it just won't cut it.

On the subject of Fortnite, I always thought that would be the direction Omega wanted to take it; A large online game. Twitch stats show these games are the most popular since they almost have endless possibilities.

And also, How can a company with a history of such cool poster designs have a such a terrible video game cover? I hate it.

Comparing it to the TNA game is way off the mark I reckon, TNA fans were notorious for not spending money on the company even when they had 1 million tv viewers or what ever they were pulling in pathetic PPV buy rates which is the opposite of AEW.

Also we know pretty much fuck all about the game so far so you cant say how little content it has compared to ''free'' games, sure they've said it's going to have a full career mode and other modes within so not like it's going to be like Royal Rumble on the Snes or summit with just singles/tags to mess about with 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

In the 90's you could get away with just having a really good game engine (War Zone and Attitude were games i spent hours doing just exhibition matches for example)

Didn’t every one shit on the engine for those but liked finally getting something actually like a wrestling game after IYH & Wrestlemania? 

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Comparing it to the TNA game is way off the mark I reckon, TNA fans were notorious for not spending money on the company even when they had 1 million tv viewers or what ever they were pulling in pathetic PPV buy rates which is the opposite of AEW.

Also we know pretty much fuck all about the game so far so you cant say how little content it has compared to ''free'' games, sure they've said it's going to have a full career mode and other modes within so not like it's going to be like Royal Rumble on the Snes or summit with just singles/tags to mess about with 

The other thing here with comparing the two is it was published as a budget title by Midway as they were in the process of going under. There was very little promotion for it because of their own financial status. 

49 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Didn’t every one shit on the engine for those but liked finally getting something actually like a wrestling game after IYH & Wrestlemania? 

They were fairly well received, especially Attitude, getting 8-9 in most mags. Where Warzone was one of them low key hits which just kept going

Warzone technically reviewed better, but by the time Attitude came out people realised they weren't great games when compared to what was out on Nintendo's console.

I still played the hell out of them both but then I also played the ECW games on the exact same engine just because it was wrestling.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I still played the hell out of them both but then I also played the ECW games on the exact same engine just because it was wrestling.

Much the same, it predated my being into wrestling but everyone I knew seemed to have warzone and or attitude "because its wrestling" or "because it WWF" but playing wrestlemania 2000 or revenge was always more fun. 

When I did get into wrestling I picked both warzone and Attitude and the ecw games up cheap. I always loved playing thunder too. 

Off Topic even more but it was still the glory days of FMV, with WCW rants and those Warzone promos. I'm sure everyone has seen them but I miss shit like that. 

• Paid Members

If the roster is strong, the core gameplay is good and there's a half decent CAW setup I'm not massively bothered about all the other bells and whistles.

That cover is awful though. A bunch of twats standing around in front of some green shit?! You see this all the time, wrestling posters with half naked blokes just standing there trying to look tough. Proper embarrassing and shite. If you actually want to entice people, go for something mad and badass looking. Lucha Underground always had great posters, imagine something like this for AEW Fight Forever, you'd buy it in a second:

spacer.png