AEW Video Games

Merzbow

5 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

FTR aren’t in the game either apparently, is this just gonna have a tiny amount of wrestlers?  I can see there being seasons of content like they do with all the fighting games nowadays if Kenny has anything to do with it.

FTR were one of those teams that had chants recorded for the game. They'll end up in it.

9 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

FTR were one of those teams that had chants recorded for the game. They'll end up in it.

Even so, if they're not in the initial batch of wrestlers, it's quite the omission; they're arguably the most over act in the company right now, and even before the babyface turn, they've never not been high profile. It makes you wonder who else has failed to make the initial cut. 

34 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Even so, if they're not in the initial batch of wrestlers, it's quite the omission; they're arguably the most over act in the company right now, and even before the babyface turn, they've never not been high profile. It makes you wonder who else has failed to make the initial cut. 

A mate of mine sent me an article last night from Wrestle Inc (whoever they are) and apparently FTR were modelled early on but removed around Spring, which lead to some angry words being exchanged.

I find it hard to believe that they won’t be in it at some point depending on what the plan is for DLC and so on

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Supposedly the initial roster is only 50 people and they're going to want to put more women's wrestlers on there than TK will put on TV.

I can see why the Tag Roster is being squeezed out. Guessing it will come in as a themed DLC pack.

• Paid Members

We also know from talking about older WWF titles they were a year behind in terms of roster. Depending on when the initial wrestlers were locked in the game (let’s say it was spring 21), FTR weren’t the over act they are now.oil at the AEW figures, only 1 set of FTR have come out so far and it was in their early gear. They will be in this game but like Louch said, a reason to buy DLC. 

10 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

We also know from talking about older WWF titles they were a year behind in terms of roster. Depending on when the initial wrestlers were locked in the game (let’s say it was spring 21), FTR weren’t the over act they are now.oil at the AEW figures, only 1 set of FTR have come out so far and it was in their early gear. They will be in this game but like Louch said, a reason to buy DLC. 

They were still a very prominent act, winning the tag titles early on, and joining The Pinnacle. If they're not going to be included, it's not a brilliant indication as to how deep the roster will be. 

18 minutes ago, Louch said:

Makes DLC more likely to be bought if it’s people you wanna wrestle as. 

Or it means people will just wait until the game's price drops, and the wrestlers they want to play as are available. 

13 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

They will be in this game but like Louch said, a reason to buy DLC. 

I don't think any of us can say this definitively. It might be likely, but none of us really know. Heck, the game might flop, meaning that all DLC plans are cancelled.

I mean, if the gameplay is good, maybe people won't care about who isn't in the game. Given the nature of fandom, and wrestling fandom in particular, I reckon a social media storm is brewing, rightly or wrongly, as people get worked up about the prominent acts who don't feature in the game. 

Hope I'm wrong, obviously, but an eFootball style soft launch with the basic gameplay features but just 10-25 heavy hitters on the roster wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, with how gaming is these days. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Wasn’t there chat about them leaving earlier in the year? Sure their contracts where due up and they acted disgruntled before the extra year option was taken up.

Just googled it and there are a few quotes about it. Anyway they will be in at some point, even if it flops the shittest of games still have DLC to milk as much as they can outta those that do like iy 

I wonder how royalty payments compare between those on the default roster (split between, say, 40 wrestlers) and those in DLC packs (split between maybe six, but obviously from less revenue).