AEW Video Games

Merzbow

That gameplay video is appropriately the best it's looked so far. I love the chunky sprites, that are nicely exaggerated (love Omega's chunky bootees) without being full-on All Stars caricatures. Hopefully they do some more interesting work with the camera and FX to make it a bit busier. I'm disappointed at the lack of weird gimmick matches like Blood and Guts, Arcade Anarchy, and Stadium Stampede.

I heard a while back that there's a lot less in the game than Kenny wanted, there's friction between him and the developer etc.

But to be fair to the devs I can imagine a fan like Kenny not realizing what's realistically possible from a dev team that doesn't seem to be all that large today.

IGN seems to like it. It does seem a bit odd that Paul Wight would be in there, while acts like The Acclaimed don’t make the cut, though. I hope they’re added later.

The fact we don’t get full entrances is also a bit of a shame, I hope they at least give you the option for that.

That said, I’m definitely looking forward to it based on that preview. I hope it’s out soon. 

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

It does seem a bit odd that Paul Wight would be in there, while acts like The Acclaimed don’t make the cut, though. I hope they’re added later.

Not a judgement of other acts, but if I'm AEW and I've got the chance to put Paul Wight in my video game, I'm doing it in a heartbeat. As well as being familiar to nearly every wrestling fan on the planet, he lends variety to the body types on the playable roster, perhaps moreso than in any other game he's been in.

Loyal AEW fans might have their own favourites they'd prefer, but they seem well catered to already and gamers looking for a fun scrap are more likely to appreciate a giant in the mix.

Edited by Uncle Zeb

First part of the year he was in Australia for filming the Young Rock. Came back back as ROH was being bought. Kind of makes sense as a match to be an agent/wrestler for them than being 5th-7th guy in Dark Order. Problem is that ROH hasn't really restarted so guys are in an indie limbo that look set for it (Brian Cage, Gates of Agony). Most recently been doing the Edinburgh Fringe.

There didn't seem to be any issues raised from Aug-Dec last year when both Punk & Colt were on the road together. With Punk off the road and the Orlando Dark tapings it would have been easy for Colt to make a reappearance.

AEW added the likes of Pat Buck, Ace Steel and Sonjay Dutt as Coaches/Agents. Opportunities on that front seem limit now. Thanks to good ol'JR AEW have too many commentators. ROH as the veteran mid-carder and as an agent occasional commentator might be the best fit.

2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I wonder if he's been selling bootleg "Best of Colt in AEW" DVD's when over here then, I'll never forget him selling sketchy ROH videos in exchange for a signature and people just laughing.

Christ. You just know people would sneakily film him selling it and tweet it to   Khan, grassing like the dweebs they are.