AEW Video Games

Merzbow

12 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

I'm fully expecting the game to get panned btw, Mainstream gamers have only really known wwe games for twenty odd years now so anything that looks and feels different to WWE 2K will get panned (like how any American Football game that feel different to Madden does).

Nah. The non Madden games don’t get panned because they are different, it’s because Madden games are so good. Besides, haven’t the WWE games been panned for years now? If anything, something different to the mediocrity that annually gets served up would be welcomed. If it’s a good game then hopefully it’ll mirror the real wrestling world and the only show in town has to pull its finger out and stop being complacent, because the new kid in town is more attractive to their bored audience. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Besides, haven’t the WWE games been panned for years now? If anything, something different to the mediocrity that annually gets served up would be welcomed.

Yes and no. As far as I read WWE itself tried something different more than once, it's Wreslemania legends game and the cartoon one I remember, but they didn't sell well enough to warrant more. The main line games get criticism, especially the one where they swapped dev teams and expected perfection in the same time frame, but ultimately sell because the majority are happy with it as a base formula.

Bring back those interactive moves with the analogue sticks though I say 

Edited by Tommy!

10 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Yes and no. As far as I read WWE itself tried something different more than once, it's Wreslemania legends game and the cartoon one I remember, but they didn't sell well enough to warrant more. The main line games get criticism, especially the one where they swapped dev teams and expected perfection in the same time frame, but ultimately sell because the majority are happy with it as a base formula.

Bring back those interactive moves with the analogue sticks though I say 

Yeah I thought a lot of the issues were down to it being a yearly release and overworked and underpaid staff not having enough time and resources to do everything right. It could probably do with a year off to get the next one absolutely spot on. 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah I thought a lot of the issues were down to it being a yearly release and overworked and underpaid staff not having enough time and resources to do everything right. It could probably do with a year off to get the next one absolutely spot on. 

Didn't they have a year off fairly recently and released battleground in its place, which itself was apparently a bit shit. 

WWE games always go on sale within a week of release so I will likely wait a month or two on this one as I expect it to go down quickly. 

Edited by westlondonmist

The last two WWE2K games were well received but only in comparison to the dross that came before. I know they sell a lot but compared to something like FIFA which feels like it's played by everyone, it's still a bit of a select audience game and that select audience still largely seems to think 2K's way is just not the way, so if anything they'd be more biased and forgiving of an alternative, rather than ready to eat it alive. 

• Paid Members

I used to be a habitual buyer of the WWE games. Bought each one from the first SmackDown! game on PS1 right through to I think 2K18. I gave up because I was literally buying them out of habit and not because each new release came with anything new or groundbreaking. And the pricing just started getting ridiculous. I’m sure that special nWo edition that was released a year or two ago was originally priced at over £100. For a fucking video game with a couple of extra skins. Fuck off.

Edited by Your Fight Site

2 hours ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

Anyone looking to pre-load the game, if you have the mobile Xbox app you can download to console that way.

Trying it on the actual console doesnt work

I've preloaded it. Installed fine. Isn't available to purchase yet though... 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Sorry to sound ignorant on this but what does pre install mean. I get you can install the game so that the second it's actually released you can play but is this something usually done a couple of weeks or a month in advance? 

From what I was reading the game files are out there, so it seems like the game is pretty much ready to go at this point.