AEW Video Games

Merzbow

• Paid Members
On 5/17/2023 at 6:10 PM, Keith Houchen said:

I hope it doesn’t get damaged. 

If we're over a month away from it dropping there should be plenty of time to put a crash mat or some empty cardboard boxes out for it.

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

If we're over a month away from it dropping there should be plenty of time to put a crash mat or some empty cardboard boxes out for it.

Hopefully the same cushioned landing Jericho had that time. 

• Paid Members

That pickup truck with all the hay and padding in the back like Rikishi fell on to at Armageddon 2000?

I know things in wrestling are always changing and that you’re never going to release something completely up to date, but they stopped using that entrance nearly 7 months ago* is it now? Hopefully some patches/DLC will be available soon after launch.

Despite everything that’s gone on with this I’m still going to pick this up, but I probably will leave it till there’s a price drop

* by the time release day rolls around

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I'll bet the graphical "shortcomings" won't be anywhere near as bad on the screen of a Switch Lite. I just hopes it plays ok. I'll keep an eye out for a sale. I hear the Impact game suffered similarly from using a completely different playstyle to the WWE games of the time. Just have to wait and see, I guess. If it has Sting I should pick it up, really.

I'd like to know the actual release roster, as I'm sure at least a dozen will be DLC but 30 plus at release should do, I'll accept less if Sting is in it upon release. If it get's good reviews and I can get at a decent price I'll buy straight away to be honest as I will play it. I also want to see the price, obviously the £50 pre order is on all the sites but we should start to see differences soon as the release date has been released. 

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'll bet the graphical "shortcomings" won't be anywhere near as bad on the screen of a Switch Lite. I just hopes it plays ok. I'll keep an eye out for a sale. I hear the Impact game suffered similarly from using a completely different playstyle to the WWE games of the time. Just have to wait and see, I guess. If it has Sting I should pick it up, really.

I thought it was a much better game, both play and graphics wise, than anything the WWE was pumping out at the time. The graphics don't look half bad even today.

15 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I thought it was a much better game, both play and graphics wise, than anything the WWE was pumping out at the time. The graphics don't look half bad even today.

I thought it was an underrated game to be honest, haven't played it in probably a decade but I remember it being great fun. The six sided ring took some getting used to but once you did it worked. It's main issue was lack of match types such as no cage or ladder match, you only had single, 4 way, tag, falls count anywhere or Ultimate X. It wasn't a fantastic game by all means but it was different from the same guff WWE were churning out annually. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I hear the Impact game suffered similarly from using a completely different playstyle to the WWE games of the time

I don't think the TNA game was held back by that so much, I remember people praising it in parts, more that nearly everyone played the same and variety was low so what was there and good felt underdeveloped and unexplored, especially compared to the WWE series which had so many releases under it's belt.

From what I remember anyway, and the story didn't help in some quarters either.

Edited by Tommy!

11 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I don't think the TNA game was held back by that so much, I remember people praising it in parts, more that nearly everyone played the same and variety was low so what was there and good felt underdeveloped and unexplored, especially compared to the WWE series which had so many releases under it's belt.

From what I remember anyway, and the story didn't help in some quarters either.

They made a huge thing of them mo-capping a bazillion moves during development, only for everyone to have the exact same 5 or 6 plus a finisher once the game was released. Booker T doing a Death Valley Driver (a move I’m fairly certain he’s never done in his whole career) every few seconds lost it’s appeal quite quickly  

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I quite liked the TNA game (and the AAA one that was practically the same). So easy to pick up and play and the reversal system was so smooth. I even liked the absolutely demented difficulty spikes in career mode, beating Jeff Jarrett was like something out of Dark Souls! If they fixed the crap pinning system and had a little bit more variety in moves I'd probably have been playing it for years. Also, the opening video might be the only time something has tried to force me into thinking something is epic that's actually worked.

Why do I have goosebumps?

With AEW's backing, hopefully if this ends up as a similar rough but promising base, they'll get the chance to build upon it with sequels. I just want TO BE BOUND BY THE MAGNIFICENCE OF ONE SINGULAR EVENT! something different.