AEW Video Games

Merzbow

• Paid Members

I hated that timing minigame for kicking out of pin attempts in the last WWE 2K because I could never do it, so my matches would all end very quickly after the first pin attempt by my opponent. I much preferred mashing buttons to kick out.

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

*Scott Hall voice*

I can't wait to pirate it.

But I'm going to wait till people have played it first and see how the Switch port runs before I buy it, I like the idea of having it on the go but not if it's running poorly.

I didn't realise Yukes made 2K17 on Switch, which was unplayable although Fight Forever looks a much more basic game so might be okay. 

There’s been a bunch of footage making it’s way onto social media, presumably review codes making their way out to the relevant people.

For all the talk of AKI Engines and “rEmAkE No Mercy~!”, it looks much more like the Day of Reckoning games that were on the GameCube. I really liked those back in the day so that’s actually increased my interest in this, but there’s going to be a lot of folk that pinned their hopes on this being something it might not actually be. I know DoR used something similar to AKI, but I don’t think it was the engine

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

There’s been a bunch of footage making it’s way onto social media, presumably review codes making their way out to the relevant people.

For all the talk of AKI Engines and “rEmAkE No Mercy~!”, it looks much more like the Day of Reckoning games that were on the GameCube. 

Nope, hard disagree! Even the camera is more like No Mercy than DoR. DoR reminded me of the Smackdown/Royal Rumble engine rather than the AKI. This is the same No Mercy/Def Jam style game I’d hoped for.

More from the stream

Edited by Hannibal Scorch