AEW Video Games

Merzbow

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Not having shared creations seems bonkers really. Fire Pro had that, and I sort of assumed the low res, fairly basic wrestlers were a way of making them quicker to download. 

Still, people seem very hyped on this game. I saw someone earlier talking about the groundbreaking features which included the mini games and the ability to customise wrestlers. Others have convinced themselves that they'll add a stadium stampede match later in their version of a battle pass. That'll at least tide them over to get enough copies into fans hands. 

And to be fair it does look like a fun nonsense game to play with friends. I'm not convinced it has much depth as a single player game and I think that might hurt them when it comes to the DLC market post game. 

Shared creations isn’t all it’s cracked up to be in the age of DLC. Once the insultingly priced DLC for Fire Pro came out it nullified all downloaded CAWs unless you also bought the DLC if people used items from it, and since the hardcore CAW creators obviously bought it, it rendered half the point of Fire Pro void unless you forked up cash. Half my roster became physically unplayable.

WWE 2K is similar in that a lot of CAWs have DLC items too and unless you’re a paying customer you can’t use it.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Shared creations isn’t all it’s cracked up to be in the age of DLC. Once the insultingly priced DLC for Fire Pro came out it nullified all downloaded CAWs unless you also bought the DLC if people used items from it, and since the hardcore CAW creators obviously bought it, it rendered half the point of Fire Pro void unless you forked up cash. Half my roster became physically unplayable.

WWE 2K is similar in that a lot of CAWs have DLC items too and unless you’re a paying customer you can’t use it.

I wonder whether it'll see the return of the "recipes" like they used to have in the older pre-community share CAW days, where people would just write big long formulas of how to make people. I've got a full memory card of CAWs in that fashion that I found online back for SVR 2006.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wonder whether it'll see the return of the "recipes" like they used to have in the older pre-community share CAW days, where people would just write big long formulas of how to make people. I've got a full memory card of CAWs in that fashion that I found online back for SVR 2006.

That's the same way I ended up with half of TNA's X Division in SmackDown: Shut Your Mouth. Spent hours printing off and inputting those formulas, which rarely came with pictures so you were taking it on faith they'd be half-decent. Good times.

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Absolutely hated when people would post without a picture, it was one big gamble whether it would be worth it😅

Big part of my gaming in the summer/Christmas holidays as a teenager was going into my dad's office, printing off loads of formulas then spending the afternoon making them....that's not saying I want to return to those days though, I'm a bit bummed there is no community creations option.

• Paid Members

You'd probably just be able to scroll through it on your phone or tablet now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Someone on Reddit has apparently got hold of it early. They've posted some vague screenshots as proof, but nothing that they've said is particularly surprising. It's a very shallow game, limited CAW options and might get dull quickly. 

I'm still planning in getting it, because that's pretty much what I was expecting, but there's already people regretting their pre-orders because they'd got carried away with what it was going to be. I don't think their price point has helped. 

3 hours ago, Vamp said:

Someone on Reddit has apparently got hold of it early. They've posted some vague screenshots as proof, but nothing that they've said is particularly surprising. It's a very shallow game, limited CAW options and might get dull quickly. 

I'm still planning in getting it, because that's pretty much what I was expecting, but there's already people regretting their pre-orders because they'd got carried away with what it was going to be. I don't think their price point has helped. 

I definitely wouldn't pay £50 for it. You can get it for 40 but I think that's the max I'd pay really. I do think the dlc could have been more reasonable too. 

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I definitely wouldn't pay £50 for it. You can get it for 40 but I think that's the max I'd pay really. I do think the dlc could have been more reasonable too. 

Yeah I’m confused by this confusion. Most AAA titles are £60-£70 at launch. Even if it’s just for 2K to reduce the price a few weeks later for a promotion, WWE 2K is normally £50+ for the standard edition. 

• Paid Members

Bunch of stuff coming out on his Twitter account, mostly about the creation options but some other stuff.

Lots of WWE entrance movements included as "generic" ones:

They've also posted ones for Nakamura, Rey Mysterio & Io Sky.

Loads of themes included in the game too, old stuff like the Nightmare Family, current people who aren't (currently) in/announced for the game e.g. Swerve, down to occasional guests like Maki Itoh.