AEW Video Games

Merzbow

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

It just looks very basic. Like something you'd play in the late 90s. No community creations, short entrances. It doesn't look bad by any means. But not £60 good. 

Good job it’s not £60 then. In fact, quite a few on-line retailers have got it for around £40. Also your criticisms are what it’s meant to be. I paid £50 for No Mercy the day it came out. £40 for Def Jam 2 on release day. 

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Good job it’s not £60 then. In fact, quite a few on-line retailers have got it for around £40. Also your criticisms are what it’s meant to be. I paid £50 for No Mercy the day it came out. £40 for Def Jam 2 on release day. 

I am aware that's what it's meant to be. And at £40, it's still a bit steep. But hey, enjoy it! We all like different things. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, gmoney said:

Are you trying to tell him he's wrong for not wanting to buy it? 

Naa I’m telling him he’s wrong it’s £60. 

9 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said:

It does look good, but no way am I paying full price for it.

3 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said:

It just looks very basic. Like something you'd play in the late 90s. No community creations, short entrances. It doesn't look bad by any means. But not £60 good. 

He also said his first comment was just his opinion (and unless neurodiversity is playing tricks on me, that’s a statement not opinion).

I very rarely buy games as soon as they are released. I normally wait for some deal a few months later. But AKI fighting games were my favourites, AEW is a company I enjoy watching, and I hope this does well enough to be turned into an ongoing series. Not yearly updates like WWE 2K do, but I’d quite happily see a Collision named title for example in a few years. What other people do is entirely up to them.

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He also said his first comment was just his opinion (and unless neurodiversity is playing tricks on me, that’s a statement not opinion).

Something's playing tricks on you because there's nothing stopping you from stating an opinion.

4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

His opinion is that it looks good but it's not worth the full price to him (which he assumed was £60 but he still feels the same at £40). That's the sentiment he expressed. So yes, I think you're misreading it and getting hung up on a grammatical distinction that might be there in theory but isn't in effect.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Uncle Zeb said:

His opinion is that it looks good but it's not worth the full price to him (which he assumed was £60 but he still feels the same at £40). That's the sentiment he expressed. So yes, I think you're misreading it and getting hung up on a grammatical distinction that might be there in theory but isn't in effect.

Thank you for making that make sense to me. 

21 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Thank you for making that make sense to me. 

There's no shame in misinterpreting things from time to time - everyone does it, especially online. But you chose to be quite obnoxious with it, laying on the snark with a trowel and then the Princess Bride GIF, so maybe there's a lesson to be learnt here about one's general eagerness to score Internet Points at other people's expense.

I'm not going to take any chances on it until the review embargo lifts. It does look fun though, and if it reviews well - or well enough - I'll definitely pick it up. I enjoy the WWE games, but there's no denying that they've started to feel a bit interchangeable. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

I'm on the fence, not about this argument, but about buying the game. If anyone gets it today please let us know if it's any good.

Mines in transit. Could be with me today as it’s at my local sorting office.