AEW Video Games

Merzbow

5 hours ago, buba3d said:

this is the game they should have given us on the old fat xbox instead we got wrestlemania 21😭

It looks a fun game. To nitpick, I hope they're motivated to patch the flickering table issue (so if it irritates you as much as it does me, tell them), and it would be nice if chucking a bomb was ever sold at all - it didn't seem to even break up a pin attempt.

• Paid Members

It does look like it'll be fun to play, but it is mad that they've been working on this game for years now and it still came out looking like something from 2008.

Also, pretty much every single gameplay video I've watched so far has shown some pretty horrible glitches. It's a worry.

I have no expectations, but the above video looks about all I want, a pick up and play wrestling game from a major promotion that isn't a 2K game.

The main overriding concern is just how it fits into the trend of games being released these days in completely unreleasable state. If the actual game's not too buggy, I can live with it just being a strong 7/10. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I have no expectations, but the above video looks about all I want, a pick up and play wrestling game from a major promotion that isn't a 2K game.

The main overriding concern is just how it fits into the trend of games being released these days in completely unreleasable state. If the actual game's not too buggy, I can live with it just being a strong 7/10. 

A reminder that No Mercy launched with the save feature broken meaning the memory would wipe itself ever 24 hours. Patches back then were mailing it to THQ or take it back the shop, getting your money back and waiting for fixed carts to be sent out.

8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Patches back then were mailing it to THQ or take it back the shop, getting your money back and waiting for fixed carts to be sent out.

And only then if you heard about the option, which some of us didn't. 😒

Fuck refilling every square in that story pyramid.

12 hours ago, kidzero said:

So Owen hart is gonna be a future season pass dlc type content I was hoping to play him day one..but still interested to see how many wrestlers are in the game day one release 

He hasn't been announced in the first season pass which gives me hope he's included. I assume we can make our own pink and black outfits as the lightning one is a bit shit. 

• Paid Members

Just had a watch of this:

And I'm hugely disappointed that they chose JR over Excalibur or Tony to do the voiceovers (or at least the "Welcome to Double or Nothing" one shown). He always sounded like he'd rather be anywhere else on earth than recording video game voiceovers back in WWE, but now... Jesus fucking Christ.

I could get it if they were asking him to do voiceovers for the tutorials (which I believe is Regal) and he was reading out button combos but fuck me Jim - they're asking you to pretend you're on commentary welcoming that viewers to the hugely exciting first ever event of a new promotion. Shouldn't be too much of a stretch for you, should it?