AEW Revolution 2021

WeeAl

• Paid Members

It's QT Marshall, and he's so annoying and shit, you'd come up with an excuse, whatever it took.

(Storyline-wise, they're part of the same stable, and Dustin thought QT was being disloyal by sneak-attacking them).

• Moderators

So, on Impact AEW's weekly "bought interview" which is their first Televised statement and deals with the main event...

Christ Khan. Just admit you fucked up! This statement makes Eddie "Unconscious" Kingston look a right tit. Also, note the lack of snide in it.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I'm not sure what else they could've done there to be fair. It's a no-win position. The only good thing is that Kingston is talented enough to overcome it. For a lot of other people that could be a Shockmaster moment.

Bragging about the buy rate is fucking stupid though. That looks terrible when the shows two biggest selling points were such massive disappointments. They should be concentrating on winning back the people who feel like they got ripped off. Not bragging about it. Total lack of self-awareness there.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

What was with Dustin Rhodes giving out to his tag team partner constantly for trying to eliminate opponents in a Battle Royal? 

He eliminated Billy Gunn's lads, and they're all members of the Nightmare Family. Presumably we get Dustin Vs QT Marshall on an episode of Dynamite or dark somewhere down the line. 

Scorpio Sky as "the face of Dark" will make him look even worse when Elevation starts as from the sound of it that show is for people that are deemed to be too good for Dark, but not good enough for Dynamite. How are they going to work this out? Will it be a wins and losses thing like a league table? 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Kingstons going to have to sell it as a panic attack isnt he?

I was thinking about this, and I think there's another way around it, and if anyone could pull it off, it'd be Kingston. Something along the lines of "I wasn't unconscious, I wasn't 'selling' - I was embarrassed. I fell for it. I thought Jon Moxley was going to get seriously hurt after watching him go through hell, so I put my pride aside and threw myself on top of him. And whether it's Kenny Omega or it's some idiot technician, I was left looking like a fool. So I decided to stop engaging with anyone. Now I'm ready to engage."

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I was thinking about this, and I think there's another way around it, and if anyone could pull it off, it'd be Kingston. Something along the lines of "I wasn't unconscious, I wasn't 'selling' - I was embarrassed. I fell for it. I thought Jon Moxley was going to get seriously hurt after watching him go through hell, so I put my pride aside and threw myself on top of him. And whether it's Kenny Omega or it's some idiot technician, I was left looking like a fool. So I decided to stop engaging with anyone. Now I'm ready to engage."

Fucking hell that’s good. The type of thing you read on here and instantly get sad because you know whatever they come up with won’t come anywhere close.

40 minutes ago, Chris B said:

However they get round it, in kayfabe terms Eddie Kingston is a fucking hero. He threw himself on top of another human being thinking that the place was about to explode. The fact that a paper bag would’ve produced a louder bang is irrelevant, in that moment Eddie didn’t know thatwas going to happen, he thought the place was coming down. 
Call it a panic attack, call it him being in shock, in relief or whatever, but if you’re not behind Eddie Kingston after that, I don’t know what else it will take 

I agree that people should be behind hero Eddie Kingston, but at the same time they need to credibly circumnavigate the fact that he immediately went into a coma after hearing the bang of a couple of nearby fun snap bangers being thrown on the floor by the bullies down the street.

Panic attack doesn’t cut it for me. Drunk, maybe.

Its a tough spot.

• Paid Members

From the looks of the still photos they showed on Impact, Eddie and Moxley didn't stay down that long after cameras stopped rolling. If they focus on that footage, of King with his arm around Jon Moxley and both of them looking pissed off, they can absolutely salvage this and have Kingston come out of this as a huge babyface. 

I can see them doing an angle on Dynamite to properly write out Moxley, assuming the explosion was intended to do that, and then positioning Kingston as his surrogate in the feud with Omega moving forward. 

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I agree that people should be behind hero Eddie Kingston, but at the same time they need to credibly circumnavigate the fact that he immediately went into a coma after hearing the bang of a couple of nearby fun snap bangers being thrown on the floor by the bullies down the street.

Panic attack doesn’t cut it for me. Drunk, maybe.

Its a tough spot.

I genuinely think Kingston's had substance and alcohol issues in the past (I'm fairly sure he's referenced it, but I can't find it), so that is probably a no-no.

When someone on twitter laughed at the idea of the hardman Eddie Kingston character being paralysed by an anxiety attack, I replied "hard men can have anxiety" 

Eddie Kingston can pull off the idea of him being paralysed by an anxiety attack. That's how good he is. He can claim PTSD from past experiences in New York, thinking he heard something akin to gunshots and it paralysed him.