AEW Revolution 2021

WeeAl

• Paid Members

And people say Christian isn't a draw! 😜

It’s unsurprising. There was definitely a bigger buzz for this PPV than anything I’ve felt for a North American show in a long, long time.

Just makes it all the more frustrating they decided to only spend about thirty quid on that final explosion.

I’m worried this is going to lead to more shows on a Sunday. Personally, Saturday shows are so much better.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Both good and bad news for them. Good because of the amazing money. Bad because the show wasn't amazing and the ending was terrible, so people might not be so hyped next time.

Out of interest, what's the second highest non WWE PPV since 99?

“On the three-day holidays, I think it’s good [to have a PPV on Sunday]. I actually would argue that for Double or Nothing or All Out, a large percentage of the country is going to have Monday off, and in England those are bank holidays so a large percentage of England, people aren’t really working very much. Most people have Labor Day and Memorial Day off here and abroad,” stated Khan.

“Double or Nothing, I am strongly considering going to Sunday. All Out I really think it would be really smart to do Sunday because then I don’t compete with College Football and the NFL won’t be going head-to-head. Full Gear I will keep on a Saturday. Revolution and Full Gear, whenever possible, I will do on a Saturday.”

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Double or Nothing is a bank holiday weekend, though, iirc

Weirdly enough, I've never had bank holiday Monday off unless I've actually booked it as holiday so it's never jumped out to me.

I'd still prefer a Saturday night PPV either way but I feel that I'm in the minority with that one. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, just means going through the work day spoiler free and then trying to carve time on a Monday evening to watch a four hour PPV.

• Paid Members

Not liking most of their PPV names for an annual showpiece, really. I actually think the name "Wrestlemania" is a bit shit too, but it's bypassed that by building up decades of memories.

"Bound For Glory" sounds good, as did "SuperBrawl", and, even though it's probably a bit too on the violent side, I liked "WrestleWar". "Wrestle Kingdom" sounds big-time. 

27 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Not liking most of their PPV names for an annual showpiece, really. I actually think the name "Wrestlemania" is a bit shit too, but it's bypassed that by building up decades of memories.

"Bound For Glory" sounds good, as did "SuperBrawl", and, even though it's probably a bit too on the violent side, I liked "WrestleWar". "Wrestle Kingdom" sounds big-time. 

It's better than The Colossal Tussle!