AEW Revolution 2021

WeeAl

Something positive pointing out was the execution of the Hangman/Hardy match. Straight up great story, one of the better matches for the production with those great shots of Hardy working Page's fingers. For a substitute feud this has been way better than we dreaded and Matt Hardy has done an alright job rebuilding some cred he lost at the end of the year.

The pop for Hangman hugging the Dark Order was fantastic, proper popped the building. Great conclusion.

• Paid Members

Yeah. I like Big Money Matt. You can tell he's having a great time. He always seems to be completely invested in his characters, and it shows. He knows it's a bit daft and leans right into it. It will be interesting to see where the Page/Dark Order stuff goes now. It has to only be a matter of time before they get fed up of him keep teasing them like he is doing and they turn on him. Maybe Silver & Reynolds break away as well so they can have some 6 man matches. 

I like the idea of Arn manipulating Cody towards Tully Blanchard Enterprises (FTR & Spears), and them teasing that he's going to form a Horsemen type group with them only for somebody else to take that spot and them turn on Cody. "A Rhodes? In the Horsemen? How deluded are you?". It'd make for some Cody & Dustin tagging and the likes. Be a nice little midcard feud going forward. The only person I could think of to take that 4th spot would be MJF, but it feels like it'd be a big step backwards for him given how far he's come from the early days. He's definitely doing better for himself than Cody. 

17 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Yeah. I like Big Money Matt. You can tell he's having a great time. He always seems to be completely invested in his characters, and it shows. He knows it's a bit daft and leans right into it. It will be interesting to see where the Page/Dark Order stuff goes now. It has to only be a matter of time before they get fed up of him keep teasing them like he is doing and they turn on him. Maybe Silver & Reynolds break away as well so they can have some 6 man matches. 

I like the idea of Arn manipulating Cody towards Tully Blanchard Enterprises (FTR & Spears), and them teasing that he's going to form a Horsemen type group with them only for somebody else to take that spot and them turn on Cody. "A Rhodes? In the Horsemen? How deluded are you?". It'd make for some Cody & Dustin tagging and the likes. Be a nice little midcard feud going forward. The only person I could think of to take that 4th spot would be MJF, but it feels like it'd be a big step backwards for him given how far he's come from the early days. He's definitely doing better for himself than Cody. 

If there’s one thing that we don’t have enough of, it’s people turning on Cody

6 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I don’t follow this stuff, but that looks 100 years old and looks a MILLION time’s better and still safe for the participants.

They probably weren’t allowed to do that because they had fans in but... just do something fucking else.

I had that 'Uh-oh' feeling when I saw the diagram and realised they were doing it in Daily's Place with the regular set up.

AEW have an entire empty stadium available right next door that they clearly don't mind using. Spend a bit of money, put the ring in the middle of the stadium, buy some explosives that will send massive mushroom clouds flying into the sky like FMW did or just don't do it. 

Shambles.

That match had a few, because the pace was so high for a battle royale format. Usually you can slow down with those.

There was a great moment where Dustin Rhodes - who was wrestling at mid-90s Rumble pace - obliviously tried to break up Santana/Ortiz doing a spot on someone and they just ignored him. He stood there for a good 30” whilst they got their work in.

Also, that Bear Country team came in and looked great. Fella did a pile driver on to someone lying down, if I remember correctly. Later, the Dark Order did basically the same spot and the commentators just went ‘IVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN MY LIFE.’ That made me laugh.

I realised watching that tag team battle royale that though I might enjoy AEW, it’ll never be ‘for’ me. All my favourite teams were clearly the jobbers - Gunn Club, Varsity Blondes, Bear Country all looked like proper tag teams.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

16 minutes ago, DAVEYJONESGIANTSQUID said:

This was a horrible fuck up not sure if already been posted

Honestly I found that pretty funny and not really worth dwelling on in the grand scheme of things.

Does go back to people not making calls on the fly though. Uno obviously knew he was going to look stupid and would have been better off just falling to the floor.

14 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

That match had a few, because the pace was so high for a battle royale format. Usually you can slow down with those.

Because they put the 90seconds on screen for everyone to see, so everyone was rushing through spots to try and keep to time. That’s why WWE don’t keep the clock on screen, so that guys can just do the spot and everything goes on a certain cue, it doesn’t matter if it’s a couple of seconds off

I don't watch AEW regularly cos the combo of Bucks, Cody & Jericho annoys me too much, but that was hilariously shite. Christian (who was a pedestrian in one of the least star power Royal Rumble's in years) is the big signing with his crappy TNA music and surname, JR sounding/looking like death warmed up on commentary and the ridiculous finish to that exploding barbed wire ring match. Proper WrestleCrap stuff. Why book such a match if you aren't willing to make it look at least a bit dangerous? Kane's pyro is more devastating looking!

Only upside of Edge's crap return to WWE was the inevitable tag team re-union with Christian and that's fecked now. Hopefully he's making a decent few quid out of Khan at least.

Who goes in with Omega now?

Maybe before last night they were thinking Kingston, but they can’t... can they?

Christian and Omega would have great matches. Probably too early for Adam Page. Sting is on cinematic duty for a bit.

Leftfield, and probably not one for now, but I reckon Darby Allin and Kenny’s crew would have a fantastic feud.

• Paid Members

Lance Archer is a natural fit but depending on how long Cody is injured for they should go with him. Have a short Omega/Dustin feud then transition to Cody. I know there is his promise not to go for the title but that would actually make the story more interesting if they did it right.