AEW Revolution 2021

WeeAl

The worst thing is teen AEW fans being like 'omg E stans should leave AEW alone they tried their best stop being so mean!' .. like fuck off. It was shit. They need to stand up and admit it. The more they double down on it, the more frustrating it is.

People want AEW to be a more transparent, honest and fresh company. By allowing themselves to get sucked into this shitshow they're just making themselves look worse.

It's wrestling. Things go wrong. Mistakes are made. I'd have more respect for Tony if he could just say that.

• Paid Members

Simple really is best, especially when you're a new company who don't really have the production team behind you to truly deliver on your vision. Think back to last years show, everyone came out buzzing because it was based on 3 big matches with clear, engaging stories and build up. The booking of AEW is mostly good but tends to be convoluted and drawn out. They just need to keep things simple and they'd be smashing it.

As soon as I realised they were having the main event in Daily's Place and not on the football field I had a bad feeling, understandable they didnt want to have 2 matches not in the arena in a row but put the Sting match on earlier then. Them not even getting rid of the ropes dampened my enthusiam as well so I skipped through a couple of minutes to see the 1st explosion and was really dissapointed. They were talking about the landmines on the outside so was expecting it like FMW with barbed wire pits etc but no was just a barbed wire board with shitty fireworks to the side and well what can you say about that final ''explosion'' 😂

Why they decided to do an exploding barbed wire match I'll never know if they couldnt match what everyone was expecting. if it was just a regular barbed wire match and it finished with that exploding barbed wire bat spot no one would have complained.

I really liked the street fight though, that's about it

Edited by Kamaras-Tash

Now I've let it all sink in I guess I'll get into the positives. 

Like I posted earlier Exalibur was the MVP of the women's title match, putting over Ryo's antics as disrespect was a nice touch and imo he did a great job of putting both wrestlers and their history over. 

Miro chucking Chuck into Ford was good stuff and this was probably the best he's looked. 

Dark Order catching Page was genuinely heart warming, hopefully Page moves on pretty soon after this. 

You could just tell that Maki Ito was absolutely delighted to be there. Booking her as a heel was a bit shit but she made the best of what she was given. 

Ito on the preshow reversing Riho's running kness into a half crab caught me off guard.

I though I was going to hate the cinematic match but it was a breath of fresh air after that fucking ladder match. 

Wrestlecrap finale aside I enjoyed the main event, it followed the Onita template pretty well until the finish imo. 

Platinum Max was fucking brutal on the mic.

Edit. 

Oh and Hook looked the business. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

It's the closest I've been to going off these lads. I don't think they've become TNA2 or TNA-Lite, woeful phrases, but yeah, some misfires. 

I know people like Christian, I do, people like Edge, its great they're getting a due. Though quietly, we all seemingly wish they weren't ACTUALLY here at the moment. AEW is the big alternative and you sign a guy who made a minnows ripple in one of the promotions you help out nearly 15 years ago. 

The ladder match really was a mess, what on gods earth was that Cody spot about. 

I'm still throughly gutted for Eddie Kingston. 

Edited by Chili

That ending was incredibly stupid and embarrassing, but seems like the plan is to say that Omega messed up the explosions, so I'll give it a bit of time for them to try and retcon it. Seems like they are heading in that direction with the Mox promo after the show and Tony Khan's mumbo jumbo. 

I do hope they give Eddie Kingston time on the mic to explain why he was passed out lol

Rest of the show was pretty decent I'd say.

Tag Title match was good, seemingly leading to Jericho being kicked out of the Inner Circle.

Fenix and Pac vs the Young Bucks will be insane, so that was the right call. 

But damn, that ending lol

• Paid Members

If the company takes away anything from tonight it's hopefully that they need to tighten things up all over. They need to smooth out the production and commentary. They need to shorten matches. They need to have a better balance of matches, angles and promos. They need to idiot proof their storylines and ensure they have clear and concise beginning, middle and ends.

AEW is overall a good wrestling company but it sometimes feels like they're running at full speed when they should still be working out how to walk. It's admirable that they're reaching for the sky and all but when you're not quite ready yet you have shows like that. Good, but quite frankly not really good enough.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

So I take it I shouldn't try and watch this on catch up?

Honestly there's so much negativity about the whole show it isn't even "we hate AEW" usuals, everyone knows the ending was just stupid, Christian being announced was as underwhelming as it could have been and the lesser half of The North.

But Maki Itoh, that makes me happy. So some positives. PAC and Fenix Vs the Young Bucks will be ridiculous too.

I enjoyed the show, everything up until the bomb was good to very good, but you can’t defend that end.

• Paid Members

The only way to save that Omega/Moxley match is to have ICP do Stranglemania type commentary over it. What a bunch of bollocks that ending was. 

Also using Big Show's debut last week to promote a lesser star in Christian seems a bit mad. 

Booker of the year! 

Edited by Silky Kisser

As "meh" as the reveal was I am happy for Christian Cage though. 

I think AEW might be better off doing a bit of a soft reset after this. Blow off the less interesting storylines on Dynamite this week and start from scratch.

Cody absolutely has to turn heel when he gets back because imo he's completely thrown away all of the good will he built up.

Time to pull the trigger on the Inner Circle implosion. I'm absolutely sick of their segments now so I hope this is the last.

Thank fuck Lance Archer was in that Ladder match and actually seemed to be trying to get a reaction, because no-one else seemed interested nor did the crowd by the sound of things. Pentas back to doing “zero meido” multiple times per match because he’s got fuck all else.
Cody loitering about in the entrance way keeping the focus on himself, Hogan would’ve been proud. 
That fucking ring though, without going back through the last few pages, I assume all the Sonic the Hedgehog jokes have been done.

Remsburg making Miro make the tag killed the finish to their match. I’ve no idea if he was the legal man or not and he’d let him be in the ring for 3 or 4 minutes before that, why does it suddenly matter?

JR losing his voice 25minutes into a 3hr30+ PPV, send him packing for gods sake and let Tony rule the roost.