AEW Revolution 2021

WeeAl

58 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They can't really do that after the finish where they had Doc Sampson out there checking on Kingston and Moxley while the commentators were doing their "serious voices" to try and sell the drama. As had been mentioned here, just go to a blank screen or a test card or something to make it look like it was a big deal. Then they can take down all the mobile phone videos of the miserable looking pyro and Moxley shitting on it from social media, show some shaky cam footage of Mox and Eddie Kingston getting first aid and loaded into the ambulance afterwards on Dynamite.

I don't see why not. I'm talking about Tony Khan's post-show interview. Heck, even Moxley cut a promo saying Omega couldn't construct a bomb for shit - the cat's already out of the bag here in terms of acknowledging how bad it was. Khan suggesting that it was supposed to look better, but something went wrong at least puts a bit of sympathy on the company, that their big moment didn't pay-off. 

The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if they either didn't test it in advance (hence Khan's defensiveness), or whether fire marshalls/health and safety toned down their initial plans, and they stubbornly went ahead with the angle they'd planned anyway. 

• Paid Members

The more I think about it the more annoyed I get. Especially as they had the logical ending right there. The clock is ticking down but Omega can't put Moxley away, with minutes to spare the Good Brothers come to save Omega, Omega hits Moxley with the exploding bat and pins him seconds before the ring is set to explode and blow them both up. Job done, Omega wins. Everything makes logical perfect sense from a storytelling/psychology sense. They almost did just that. But instead they decided to do the shittest thing possible. 

Oh well. At least we have Pac/Fenix vs Young Bucks to look forward to. 

AEWs audience is predominantly hardcores. AEWs audience for post show pressers are 100% hardcore super nerds. Doing a fake storyline reason for the shit ending to an audience of people who don’t believe anything in wrestling is real comes off so silly. Especially since Tony regularly talks about real things.

And let's just say this was the plan all along. Its a fucking shit plan. Again, AEWs audience are hard-core wrestling geeks. Heel heat doesn't exist. No one is going to get mad at Kenny for building a bad bomb and then pay money to see someone beat him up because of it. The audience will just think AEW promised us something and then fucked us. Just like WWE do.

Edited by Yakashi

14 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

What bullshit. You've got a clear ringside area. Just tell Cody he can't have pyro for two weeks and set that up on the floor around the ring. Set off multiple tall explosions, a shitload of smoke, then have it clear to reveal the guys in the ring. They don't need to be within 10 feet of any explosives, and any they are near would be either below them partially shielded by the ring apron, or up in the air on the end of the buckles. Don't go trying to kayfabe your way out of shitty planning. The idea that the only options were sit your top talent on top of explosives or nothing is ludicrous. It's still real to Tony, dammit.

As you say a load of smoke bombs, they should have a low bass like rumble or explosion played over the PA.

They should have had the ring collapse and then more smoke/dust explosions.

There are loads of small tricks they could have used......not often i say this but they should have used more smoke and mirrors.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I don't see why not. I'm talking about Tony Khan's post-show interview. Heck, even Moxley cut a promo saying Omega couldn't construct a bomb for shit - the cat's already out of the bag here in terms of acknowledging how bad it was. Khan suggesting that it was supposed to look better, but something went wrong at least puts a bit of sympathy on the company, that their big moment didn't pay-off. 

The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if they either didn't test it in advance (hence Khan's defensiveness), or whether fire marshalls/health and safety toned down their initial plans, and they stubbornly went ahead with the angle they'd planned anyway. 

But they're copyright striking the promo off of social media, and saying "were you actually thinking we'd blow up our wrestlers in a match with the words exploding and death in the name? You animals.." as their defence.

How do they deal with it now? JR and the lads all saying "well didn't we look like a bunch of prize plums on Sunday acting like that was a massive explosion" as soon as Dynamite starts on Wednesday? Moxley and Kingston coming out looking fine and some other convoluted, hastily booked angle to send him off on his paternity leave? They might as well just throw a party for him in the main event segment now because Lord knows they will for Cody when Brandi's had the baby. Have Callis, the Good Brothers and Omega saying "we deliberately underegged it in case we couldn't get the job done in the 30 minutes and to make Moxley look like an idiot."?

They're trying to shut the stable door after the horse is Tesco burgers.

I started watching the show thinking...y'know what...this card and the "big announcement" is on paper as good as if not better than anything WWE have put out post Wrestlemania last year and had a feeling that this could be a really huge night for them.

It was, I guess but largely for the wrong reasons. It was a night that for me cemented that they are just TNA2.

Christian himself is not a bad signing as such, the major issue is how he was built up meaning I and I assume everyone else was majorly disappointed. They have signed Sting and Big Show who are two bonafide huge huge hall of fame worthy stars with little build up prior to arrival for Christian to then get that build.

I genuinely would have preferred RVD or Angle who would still have been let downs from the build up but not as bad. 

As others have said when Christian left WWE for TNA it was exciting as he seemed like the first of potentially many WWE regulars and mainstays who might "cross the line" and he did well there before returning to WWE and continuing to be entertaining but he is and was never, ever a "huge huge star".

The AEW roster already seems crowded and now they've added a guy with that build who I just dont see where he fits in and is a major benefit. The AEW die hards are gonna watch regardless and no casuals who dont already watch are tuning in Wednesdsay to see Christian.

I swear one of the fans who had their phones out to record the unveiling put it away as Christian walks out and that says it all.

Christian looked like a man who knew he wae swimming against the tide right from the start thanks to the way he had been built up. 

The explosion was TNA gold. They built that up so much and I was really looking forward to it. The ending and the "lol what did you expect" from Khan just leave him and everyone involved looking fucking ridiculous.