AEW Revolution 2021

WeeAl

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Couldn't they at least rigged the ring to collapse? Might have given the illusion of impact. Anyway, at least it took away somewhat from the disappointment of geography teacher Christian. 

Christian coming out to that music was quite the illusion of Impact.

I don’t follow this stuff, but that looks 100 years old and looks a MILLION time’s better and still safe for the participants.

They probably weren’t allowed to do that because they had fans in but... just do something fucking else.

• Paid Members

Can't really add anything to what's already been said other than you give them EVERY opportunity to be different and innovative and they've sh*t the bed big time here. Just shows you, no matter how cool or smart these guys think they are, they don't know where the line is.

Jumped the shark big time for me. Could've been great, now they're the same as everyone else and it'll be really difficult to invest in anything they do moving forward. Harsh maybe, but I don't even know if WWE would have been capable of ballsing that up so badly. Hilariously bad. The reactions from the fan footage says it better than any words ever could. 

They've managed to ruin MOTY too. Absolutely honking. 

• Paid Members

The main draw for your post-PPV weekly show should not be "how are they going to explain such a massive fuck up and can they salvage anything from it?". I stayed up for the Dynamites building to this but think I'll just catch this one in the morning.

It never fails to amaze me when wrestling walks itself into these creative cul-de-sac’s and, through no one else’s fault, makes the whole industry look fucking pathetic.

How they’ve surpassed Rey Mysterio’s eyeball as the best (worst?) example of that I’ll never know.

4 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Eddie Kingston's new gimmick should be that he's scared of fireworks.

Or that loud bangs send him to sleep.

I mean, Eddie Kingston’s reputation isn’t going to make it out of this alive is it? He looks well daffy and it’s only getting worst the more people have chance to rewatch it.

• Paid Members

This whole discussion reminds me of that time when Christian was doing his run having ditched Edge ("AT LAST YOU'RE ON YOURRRR OWWWWN"), every week losing matches, throwing tantrums, and eventually hitting a new low when his previously-spectacular pyro was reduced to a shitty sparkler at which he hilariously lost his shit.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Thinking about it, even if it had gone to plan, isn't the idea of an exploding time bomb match pretty shit anyway and there's a good reason why no mainstream US promotion has bothered trying one?

You'd think with the budget they have they could have done a Wrestling Society X special effect piss about. It may have got shit of for looking phony, but "phony" is better than "Roman Candle on New Years."

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

The main draw for your post-PPV weekly show should not be "how are they going to explain such a massive fuck up and can they salvage anything from it?". I stayed up for the Dynamites building to this but think I'll just catch this one in the morning.

This. I tend to watch Dynamite on catch up on a Sunday morning, I'm in no rush to see how they try and handwave this away. They either need to "let us never talk of this dark day" and pretend it went off without a hitch and keep going as they'd previously planned, or go full on wrestlecrap/botchamania with nonsense trying to explain around it and then they're going to have to try and claw back a lot of goodwill from a decent number of fans. Heck depending on how they do on Dynamite this week I wouldn't be surprised if WWE delay, or even cancel the decision to move NXT to Tuesday nights to see whether they can move ahead in the ratings war. This week's Dynamite has the potential to be the January 4th 1999 Nitro for them...

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

This. I tend to watch Dynamite on catch up on a Sunday morning, I'm in no rush to see how they try and handwave this away. They either need to "let us never talk of this dark day" and pretend it went off without a hitch and keep going as they'd previously planned, or go full on wrestlecrap/botchamania with nonsense trying to explain around it and then they're going to have to try and claw back a lot of goodwill from a decent number of fans. Heck depending on how they do on Dynamite this week I wouldn't be surprised if WWE delay, or even cancel the decision to move NXT to Tuesday nights to see whether they can move ahead in the ratings war. This week's Dynamite has the potential to be the January 4th 1999 Nitro for them...

To be fair, the demise of WCW was the result of over a year of generally terrible and intelligence insulting booking.

As bad as the event may seem now, a few decent episodes of Dynamite and it will be all long forgotten. The reaction to the "eye for an eye" stuff was horrendously bad, yet doesn't seem to have any long term effect on its own.

Wrestling fans can be fickle types, how often do we hear about a certain angle being the straw that broke the camel's back, only for them to keep on watching and moaning about how much they don't like the product, yet clearly still watching avidly.

• Paid Members

So I take it I shouldn't try and watch this on catch up?

Honestly there's so much negativity about the whole show it isn't even "we hate AEW" usuals, everyone knows the ending was just stupid, Christian being announced was as underwhelming as it could have been and the lesser half of The North.

But Maki Itoh, that makes me happy. So some positives. PAC and Fenix Vs the Young Bucks will be ridiculous too.