AEW Revolution 2021

WeeAl

• Paid Members

Wait until he''s trying to get it over as his catchphrase. Can't wait to see him wrestling Ziggler's brother and Peter Avalon on Dynamite.

• Paid Members

Tbf to Christian, he has had a hall of fame career considering the criteria to get in to that shite hall of fame that WWE have. Multiple tag and mid card title reigns and has been a world champion. It is a surprise as well considering he was in the Rumble a few weeks ago. 

Despite it being heavily rumoured it was him, I think some people on here built themselves up for disappointment. Speculating on AJ Styles or Nakamuras contract running out and it could be them. We would’ve heard about something AJ and considering how lazy Nakamura has been since coming to the main roster, that would’ve been even more underwhelming. And Brock was never signing. 

Christian has been trying to get cleared for ages and even though he was in the rumble, wwe might not have wanted to use him beyond that. He probably wants to go out on his terms and will be motivated so I don’t think it’s a terrible signing. But as someone said earlier, clearly no loyalty on that guy when money gets thrown his way. 

Haven’t watched the main event yet. But the best thing on the show so far was Fenix and Jungle Boy going one on one for a few minutes. Give me more of that. 

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, didn't they test that shit before the show? As soon as they did the outside spot and the ringside "landmine" didn't really work I already knew the exploding ring wasn't going to work at all and was dreading it. Utterly shameful. What makes it worse was the match was really good, tense and exciting until that point. The explosions spots on the ring ropes all worked great. Once that weird music started playing at the ten minutes left mark the match seemed to fall completely apart. And why would the ring still explode after Omega had already won? Wasn't the whole point that if the match hasn't ended by the 30 minute mark the ring explodes...why would it still explode afterwards? Moxley and Omega must be fuming as they beat the shit out of each other out there and no one will ever remember it because of that horrendous, stupid fucking ending. JR's voice of disgust was spot on. Jesus Christ. Hopefully Tony Khan learns an important lesson from this. He must feel like a complete berk.

As for the rest of the show, it was pretty good but unspectacular.

The opener was good but I was really confused why they didn't have any involvement from Sammy Guevera. Seems like that would have made storyline sense.

Really enjoyed the tag thing, it was surprisingly solid and had a great ending segment with Jungle Boy, Pac, Fenix and Silver.

Womens match was fine.

I actually was pleasantly surprised by Miro/Kip vs OC/Chuck. It was a good match and Miro is starting to come along nicely. Once he's done with Kip/Penelope he should go from strength to strength.

Hardy/Page was another perfectly fine match. Page is a very good professional wrestling. Perfectly acceptable mid-card stuff.

The ladder match was the worst match on the show as I knew it would be. Hopefully Ethan Page never comes back, he's fucking shite. Scorpio Sky is utter crap and should be jobbing on Dark not winning on PPV. Every wrestler in the match seemed to be a complete styles clash of each other. Ladder matches are boring. Companies should stop doing them. 

I'm perfectly happy with Christian in AEW, there's a ton of matches I've love to see him in. Pretty lame as a huge announcement though.

I actually loved the Street Fight and I usually hate cinematic matches. The action was really brutal, hard hitting and inventive and Taz added a lot on commentary. The setting was really cool and the whole thing looked great.

But really, none of the other matches even matter because they fucked up the ending so badly. Jesus wept.

Edited by LaGoosh

My thoughts -

Superb tag team battle royal and Felix’s elimination of Christopher Daniels deserved more spotlight.

I know it was to rest his voice but JRs silence during the bulk of the women’s title match had me thinking did he tuck a newspaper under his arm mute his mike and say “right lads, off for a dump”.

The ending of Page v Hardy was fun. Thought Archer waiting whilst sandwiched in the ladder couldn’t have been more obvious.

Re the surprise new signing, met him at FTLOW in Liverpool in 2019 and he’s a lovely, lovely man so all the best to him.

”Get to the ring already, enough” I hear you Taz. 
Enjoy your paternity leave Mox, Kingston’s appearance would have been so much more emotional had the final explosions not had the shock and awe of some sparklers. What a wet fart that was.

In general, felt like several issues were advanced during the show rather than most WWE PPVs which appear to be in a perpetual holding pattern.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

But really, none of the other matches even matter because they fucked up the ending so badly. Jesus wept.

That's the biggest issue here. They built an entire PPV around a match that as soon as they announced had a 30 minute timer was waiting for that one spot. Once that one spot was such a disaster, it's like the rest of the show didn't happen. 

I hate that we live in a world where an exploding barbed wire baseball bat to the face isn’t a big enough spot to write someone out for a couple of months.

I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. It’s all their own doing. They didn’t need to sell a DEATH they couldn’t deliver.

Have Mox take the exploding bat to the face after the match, you can still have Kingston save him from another blow if you want.

Or just Soprano’s the ending if you absolutely have to.

Or just don’t book the stupid match.

This is all their own making. They’re fucking idiots and I have no idea how you approach this on Wednesday without making someone look like a Twat. Probably Kingston, too, which seems wildly unfair.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Good old Dave Meltzer is blaming the fans for not being happy that Christian was the surprise. According to him, everyone should have known it was Christian because Dave listed him (along with a long list of other people) that it might have been and if you didn’t listen to him then it’s your fault.

I do try to wave away the Dave is an AEW shill talk, but this was Seth Rollins blaming the fans for WWE being shit levels of sucking up.

Edited by Yakashi

1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I hate that we live in a world where an exploding barbed wire baseball bat to the face isn’t a big enough spot to write someone out for a couple of months.

I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. It’s all their own doing. They didn’t need to sell a DEATH they couldn’t deliver.

Have Mox take the exploding bat to the face after the match, you can still have Kingston save him from another blow if you want.

Or just Soprano’s the ending if you absolutely have to.

This is all their own making. They’re fucking idiots and I have no idea how you approach this on Wednesday without making someone look like a Twat. Probably Kingston, too, which seems wildly unfair.

Yep, nobody to blame but themselves . They’ve lost a bit of good will here , so i hope thats a lesson to them.

It sounds like they are in Kayfabe damage control mode at the moment, which is more cringe.

Tony Kahn in the media scrum ;

“I think we’re all lucky that the bomb going off at the end didn’t really hurt anybody...Kenny’s big master plan -- he built a dud,” Khan said. “Who would have thought when he drew the big plan with crayons that maybe the bomb might not fail to take both guys out.”

“But at the end, I don’t know what people really wanted unless you wanted us to actually explode the guys at the end, there’s only so much you can do,” Khan later added. “So without actually blowing the ring and blowing both guys up, I think the basic explanation is Kenny’s ring was set to explode and his plan as a heel who built this thing with a hammer and nails as we saw, the final bomb just didn’t go off.”

Khan also pointed to Jox Moxley’s promo after the show went off the air, where Moxley addressed the underwhelming explosion.

“Kenny Omega may be a tough son of a b****, but he can’t make an exploding ring worth a s***,” Moxley said. “I’ve seen more dangerous s*** on Ridiculousness on MTV. What the f*** was that?””

2 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Yep, nobody to blame but themselves . They’ve lost a bit of good will here , so i hope thats a lesson to them.

It sounds like they are in Kayfabe damage control mode at the moment, which is more cringe.

Tony Kahn in the media scrum ;

“I think we’re all lucky that the bomb going off at the end didn’t really hurt anybody...Kenny’s big master plan -- he built a dud,” Khan said. “Who would have thought when he drew the big plan with crayons that maybe the bomb might not fail to take both guys out.”

“But at the end, I don’t know what people really wanted unless you wanted us to actually explode the guys at the end, there’s only so much you can do,” Khan later added. “So without actually blowing the ring and blowing both guys up, I think the basic explanation is Kenny’s ring was set to explode and his plan as a heel who built this thing with a hammer and nails as we saw, the final bomb just didn’t go off.”

Khan also pointed to Jox Moxley’s promo after the show went off the air, where Moxley addressed the underwhelming explosion.

“Kenny Omega may be a tough son of a b****, but he can’t make an exploding ring worth a s***,” Moxley said. “I’ve seen more dangerous s*** on Ridiculousness on MTV. What the f*** was that?””

What bullshit. You've got a clear ringside area. Just tell Cody he can't have pyro for two weeks and set that up on the floor around the ring. Set off multiple tall explosions, a shitload of smoke, then have it clear to reveal the guys in the ring. They don't need to be within 10 feet of any explosives, and any they are near would be either below them partially shielded by the ring apron, or up in the air on the end of the buckles. Don't go trying to kayfabe your way out of shitty planning. The idea that the only options were sit your top talent on top of explosives or nothing is ludicrous. It's still real to Tony, dammit.

9 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Good old Dave Meltzer is blaming the fans for not being happy that Christian was the surprise. According to him, everyone should have known it was Christian because Dave listed him (along with a long list of other people) that it might have been and if you didn’t listen to him then it’s your fault.

I do try to wave away the Dave is an AEW shill talk, but this was Seth Rollins blaming the fans for WWE being shit levels of sucking up.

For a company usually in tune with the nuances of the Twitter hardcore, this was a misstep.

They seem to have taken the push for him to be HOF’er each year, or how ‘Christian was the better of Edge and Christian’, as a sign of twitters true feelings (and presumably inferred that that’s what everyone else thinks too). They should have known that twitter loves to speak in hyperbole until the rubber hits the road, and then they want stars like anyone else. 

There’s a reason Wrestlemania sells out stadiums and the following Raw is standing room only (and the majority of the punters are internet fans). It’s not because they strongly hold the beliefs that ‘Christian should be in the hall of fame’, ‘Cesaro is undervalued’ or ‘Chris Masters could have been World Champion’.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz