AEW Revolution 2021

WeeAl

• Paid Members

No-one can say Miro is a disappointment in AEW ever again. Boy is trying to save the whole company here.

I’m terrified of what Mox is going to feel the need to do on Wednesday to properly write himself off now.

Edited by Supremo

When Maki Itoh is the best surprise on your PPV. To be fair though she looked miles better on this show than in the tournament imo. 

Poor Eddie Kingston. Funniest thing was fans obviously thinking the ending was shite but didn't want to boo. 

Cody can fuck right off. Ladder match was shite.

CHRISTIAN CAGE quick sign the contract and get the fuck out of there before people catch on to how meh this actually is.

Just realised that No More BS didn't even fucking bother going out there for the reveal. 

Tag Rumble was fun. 

Exalibur earned his salary during the women's title match. 

Tony Khan totally deserves to get rinsed on Twitter.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell.

That was one of those rare moments that was so bad it killed everything that went before it. Imagine promoting an Exploding-Ring. Hyping it up like someone might actually DIE and then delivering some less impressive than some people's pyros. Goldberg gets it worse every entrance than Kingston did there.

Likewise, doing that massive hype job and getting everyone thinking only to deliver Christian. It wasn't Al Snow in TNA bad but it's in that ball park. It would've been a decent signing without the big hype job.

Shame. There was some good stuff on the show but those were the most important things and they dropped the ball both times.

I bet Tony Khan thought he was being funny by actually having Al Snow in attendance. 

Oh and booking Maki Ito as a heel despite her being really popular in the tournament and getting one of the best reactions on the entire show was a head scratcher.

Said it before. Khan doesn't give two shits about the Woman's division, it's only there because it's expected in this day and age.

Well that was aewful(!) 

Seriously though, that pyro was both tragic and hilarious and it's caught the ire of fans.

What's even more depressing is the big hall of fame worthy (really?) surprise is mid-card Christian. I've  never bought into him being anywhere near the main event and question what value he can bring to aew. It's fast becoming another TNA with these great WWE additions....

Two big hypes, two massive letdowns. 

That said, the rest of the card was decent enough but it doesn't save that finish.

43 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Don't book an Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match and promote it as such and  then people wouldn't expect someone to be blown up them, Tony. 

Screenshot_20210308-064514_Twitter.jpg

I feel sorry for Kingston here. It’s very easy to say he should have no sold it, and while it was clear to viewers that something probably went wrong, given that by design he wasn’t actually looking at the explosion, it likely wasn’t clear to him just how shitty it looked. Even if it sounded weak, in the heat of the moment there’s no way he could have been 100% sure.

The people who came out to tend to Moxley could have given Kingston the head’s up - but I don’t think he’s to blame in the slightest here. 

As for Christian, I’m happier with that signing than I would be the signing of Kurt Angle, that’s about as positive as I can be about it. They shouldn’t have hyped it up as much as they did.

• Paid Members

The tragedy is that if they’d stuck the landing that would have been my favourite hardcore match in forever. I usually hate the boring thumb tack/barbed wire/weapon style matches but I absolutely loved this. The characters and story were perfect, both guys looked the business in their street fight gear, Don Callis was being a brilliant dickhead on commentary, both guys worked a fantastic match where every Irish Whip felt like life or death and the special effects were completely acceptable until the end. When they kept the camera tight some of the explosions looked genuinely impressive. A proper spectacle. But then in the blink of an eye chicken salad turned into chicken shit.

Was it Eddie Kingston who had to sell his wrestling boots to make money last year? I hope they’ve written him the fattest cheque he’s ever seen for having to lie in the ring and sell that bollocks. Such a huge, huge shame. They nail that last explosion and this is one of the best stories they’ve ever done and Eddie Kingston is finally the superstar he deserves to be.

On the other side of the coin I thought the Street Fight was brilliant. The perfect pitch for a cinematic match. Stylish, cool camera angles, silly music, campy action, crazy stunts, but without resorting to dumb magic tricks or obvious camera cuts. Sting looked great, doing far more than I expected. Loved their hybrid makeup, too. I’m glad the feud with Team Tazz is now over but that they managed to produce something that fun with Sting is a real indictment on WWE having nothing for him for years.

Ethan Page showed me nothing.

Christian would have been a great debut if they hadn’t hyped it at all.

The entire industry needs a long, long break from ladder matches.

Jungle Boy and Fenix as the final two in the Battle Royal was absolutely electric. Two of the brightest stars in that company. Those two should be fighting each other for the World Title in twelve months time.

Edited by Supremo