AEW Revolution 2021

WeeAl

44 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Bloody well hope it's the end of it. It's been shite. Where do you pivot Miro away to after this? Cody? Darby probably needs something new after this show, maybe good timing for the two of them to work together? As long as Kip Sabian and Chuck fucking Taylor aren't involved, then maybe Miro can be salvaged in his next program. 

No idea. That's actually a fun element of this whole angle to me. It's been really meh, but I have no idea where it goes after Revolution. Miro post this show is going to be interesting, they know exactly what they have, so he needs to start getting more of a shine. I think there has only a been a few people here who haven't minded the whole Miro in AEW so far. I think I'm ok with it because I just haven't seen anything of his since Rusev Day in like 2016? His stuff after that doesn't exactly say he was up to much. 

Was he just not being used near the end of WWE?

Miro's slav chav gimmick has really grown on me, but only since Charles Taylor became his 'butler'. The Best Man angle was always upside down, with Kip and Penelope supposedly being the focal point but Miro blatantly being the star of the bunch. There was something in the grinning promos but psycho monster matches, but it wasn't clicking in that group. Having a 'young boy' for him to berate while calling him his best friend was a great addition to the tracksuit-clad Million Dollar Man thing he had going on. I'd happily watch him slap Taylor around, telling him to stand up straight and smile, hugging him and jostling him like an overbearing drunk mate while Chuck looked afraid for his life. You could get months out of that, not the couple of weeks we've got. There's also the chance Miro gets him in the gym and shapes him up so he's not so bleurgh, before a Stockholm Syndrome angle on Trent?'s return.

Edited by CavemanLynn

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

There was something in the grinning promos but psycho monster matches, but it wasn't clicking in that group.

The main issues with the group being Kip Sabian is pretty rubbish, Penelope Ford looks the part but has no personality and neither of them were well established enough as acts to be put with Miro in the first place.

They were doing a thing for a few weeks where Penelope would wrestle and Kip was her valet. He actually played the pathetic, sneaky "kept man" heel pretty well. It was a decent little undercard act. But this weird story with Miro just doesn't work. Everytime Kip speaks the air is just sucked out the room. They don't go together and have no chemistry.

• Paid Members

I honestly assumed the wedding was going to end with Penelope and Miro admitting they'd been having an affair and Miro battering Kip into oblivion and moving on. I have, clearly, watched too much wwe

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Duke said:

I honestly assumed the wedding was going to end with Penelope and Miro admitting they'd been having an affair and Miro battering Kip into oblivion and moving on. I have, clearly, watched too much wwe

To be honest that would have worked better than what we had.

It was reported* that the TV wedding doubled as the public service of their actual wedding, after they'd had their legal ceremony the previous day. 

That's probably why the wedding itself went off without a hitch and all the shenanigans occured afterwards. I get the impression that the whole story was written as a thank you to Sabian and Penelope for stepping up during the big taping at QT Marshall's school. I'm also of the opinion that it was conceived with Jimmy Havok in the Miro role, they were solidly behind Kip/Havok as a team, but it was a convenient if not clunky solution to put Miro in that program when Havok's shithousery became a pressing concern.

(*News sites, specifically Wrestling Inc)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

It was reported* that the TV wedding doubled as the public service of their actual wedding, after they'd had their legal ceremony the previous day. 

If that's the case, that's genuinely nice. Penelope Ford, in particular, has been pretty impressive over the last year. Agree with @LaGooshabout Kip being really fun as her valet.

I'm beginning to enjoy the story though. The stuff with Chuck/Orange and Miro is heating up fine. I wish Miro had more consistently just beat the shit out of Chuck though, like Minoru Suzuki does with ringside Young Lions.

I don’t see Miro stepping into the havoc role, he sees the “best man” gimmick as him being the best at everything: no way way havoc pulling off being the best at anything . 

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Considering everything, I find Havoc's complete lack of any memorable moments in his AEW run entertaining.

I always found Jimmy Havoc ridiculous. Pushed as a violent tough crazy deathmatch wrestler except he isn't remotely physically threatening and doesn't really actually do crazy bumps - especially compared to loads of other guys out there. Highlighted perfectly by that triple threat he had with Allin and Janela where them two practically killed themselves and he didn't take a single bump.