Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Chili said:

The fact I can't wake up some mornings and without hoping that I'm fucking dead. Not coping. 

Take your time, man. Getting through at all at times takes effort and sucks, and is exhausting. 

• Paid Members

Streaming services not having an English subtitles option that doesn't include all the background noise rubbish. I like to put the subtitles on late at night as my walls are paper-thin, but it doesn't mean I want to read all the 'gate creaks open' and 'melancholy music plays slowly' shit too.

2 hours ago, Chili said:

The fact I can't wake up some mornings and without hoping that I'm fucking dead. Not coping. 

Not minor at all. I hope there is some support available to you and that you are able to feel more yourself soon

2 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Streaming services not having an English subtitles option that doesn't include all the background noise rubbish. I like to put the subtitles on late at night as my walls are paper-thin, but it doesn't mean I want to read all the 'gate creaks open' and 'melancholy music plays slowly' shit too.

Have you not got the Subtitles (CC) option on? That will include all of that too. The normal Subtitles option shouldn't. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Have you not got the Subtitles (CC) option on? That will include all of that too. The normal Subtitles option shouldn't. 

The majority of things I tend to watch on Netflix or Disney+ only seem to have the (CC) option for English subtitles. Unless I'm being massively thick and missing something!

• Moderators

It wasn't even a situation where I was dunking it and I let it get too soft and fell in. I was going for the dunk and just cack handedly dropped it in the cup.

It's some kind of fancy Waitrose chocolate biscuit that I treated myself to when I went in there to get a birthday cake.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Forced fun at work.

Worst are those "team building" bits at the start of a full day meeting where some people try way too hard to pretend to like each other and be really excited to be there, some cunt tries to show how great they are to someone important and we waste the first 45 minutes of the day watching a handful of people be wacky to cover having no genuine personality because they live at work 60 hours a week. 

Especially so when I've got up at 5 for a call and I know everyone knows everyone and everyone thinks I'm a cunt so we loose nothing by just getting to the fucking point. 

By far the worse place I’ve worked for that was Sainsbury’s. Usually hidden behind the guise of charity but organised by people who just want an excuse to spend time together after work. Eventually they even created a job for someone to plan this shit, in work and out of work. They even did a fucking panto in the break room one year. It’s why I skived off my last day and collected my leaving presents the week later.