Members SuperBacon Posted June 12, 2024 Members Posted June 12, 2024 Biscuits: better back in the day or these days? Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 15, 2024 Posted June 15, 2024 When online shops only offer expensive, next day delivery. I'm not bothered about getting it tomorrow. I'd happily wait and pay less. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted June 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 25, 2024 On 6/15/2024 at 6:49 PM, wordsfromlee said: When online shops only offer expensive, next day delivery. I'm not bothered about getting it tomorrow. I'd happily wait and pay less. However, it winds me up when people complain about there not being free delivery/not included in the price below a certain spend threshold like £50. Oblivious to the fact, seemingly, that (many, if not most) online merchants are having to pay a courier for every package they send. "It should be worked into the price." Huh? So instead of an extra £5.99 to cover carriage at the end regardless of order size, you'd rather the company cover themselves so (example) a £3 item always costs £8.99 just in case you only order one thing? So if you need 3 of the £3 item, rather than pay £14.99 total you'll pay £26.97 but at least you'll get "free delivery?" You're an idiot. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 25, 2024 Posted June 25, 2024 Further to that, I work in retail and our shop allows you to return online orders to store rather than the customer having to post them back to a warehouse. The amount of people who want the delivery charge refunded back as well as what they’re returning is fucking alarming. They can’t comprehend that there was a cost involved in getting their items to them, they just think they should get it back automatically if they decide to bring something back Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted June 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 25, 2024 (edited) My Sopranos DVD boxset came today and the genius team at Music Magpie stuck the returns tracking label to the top of the cardboard sleeve so it's tore all of the artwork off the top. I've messaged them for a partial refund as I had no option but to either leave this awful sticker on or damage the box removing it. If I get one or not, I'm not too fussed as the discs are fine, but whatever. I follow it up then by popping Disc 1 in my TV/DVD Combi only to find the Play button is broke on the set and I don't have a remote, so I've had to order a remote for this old Ferguson CRT which amazingly people still have knocking about, but it's cost me more than the telly did. Edit: I got a £4 partial refund which is nice of them. Edited June 25, 2024 by FLips Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 25, 2024 Posted June 25, 2024 Can’t you just leave it hovering over ‘Play Episode’ and it’ll start after a while? Sorry if this sounds obvious, but is there an Enter button rather than a Play button to try? Buying from Music Magpie I’m amazed it arrived in one piece. I had a similar experience with buying CEX recently. Discs work fine but packaging was holding on for its life. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 7, 2024 Members Posted July 7, 2024 I bought a jar of olives 2 weeks ago. I've been trying to open the jar for 2 weeks, on and off, and keep going back to it, and the same result every time. I just can't open it. I've tried everything and I've come to the conclusion that it's been packed too tight (phwoar) and I'm old. Quote
5pints 2.0 Posted July 7, 2024 Posted July 7, 2024 I take it you've tried the tapping a wooden spoon down the side of the lid trick? 24 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: I bought a jar of olives 2 weeks ago. I've been trying to open the jar for 2 weeks, on and off, and keep going back to it, and the same result every time. I just can't open it. I've tried everything and I've come to the conclusion that it's been packed too tight (phwoar) and I'm old. Quote
deathrey Posted July 7, 2024 Posted July 7, 2024 Try running the lid under boiling water, give it a few secs to cool down and then try @SuperBacon Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 7, 2024 Members Posted July 7, 2024 I can't be arsed* Trapped olives forever. Wiv da angles (and capers) now *I'll try them both, thanks. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted July 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2024 Stick a butter knife under the lid and dislodge it enough to hear the air escape from the jar. Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted July 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2024 No one uses elastic bands between the lid and their hands any more? Y’all just trying to jam massive wooden and sharp knives in airtight gaps? Quote
deathrey Posted July 7, 2024 Posted July 7, 2024 Or use hot water as I suggested. No jamming, limited chance to hurt yourself Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted July 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 7, 2024 37 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said: No one uses elastic bands between the lid and their hands any more? Y’all just trying to jam massive wooden and sharp knives in airtight gaps? Your butterknives are sharp? Who has elastic bands just laying around the house, this isn't Art Attack. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.