Members SuperBacon Posted July 7, 2024 Members Posted July 7, 2024 49 minutes ago, FLips said: Who has elastic bands just laying around the house, this isn't Art Attack. I actually do. Stay tuned. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 11, 2024 Members Posted July 11, 2024 On 7/7/2024 at 6:51 PM, FLips said: Stick a butter knife under the lid and dislodge it enough to hear the air escape from the jar. My G! "Mum, Dads swearing at the olives again" Quote
Matthew Posted July 17, 2024 Posted July 17, 2024 My brother is somebody I'd consider a minor annoyance. We're two very different people, and I'd like to ask the wonderful people of UKFF for their advice, as I'm in a quandy around what to do. My brother had some personal issues at the beginning of this year, and he had his work's car windows being smashed through by some people he got on the wrong side of. He asked, as I don't drive, whether he could temporarily park the car in my parking space in my garage of my flat, while he got it sorted, and arranged for it to be collected. 6 months on it still remains and a month ago I asked for him to arrange for it to be collected by the end of July. A month later and I'm still being fobbed off with "I'm just waiting to hear back from him". The car apparently belongs to the company that he worked for (doesn't anymore), and that company is now insolvent. Companies House lists the company as in liquidation, and I have the liquidator details. Where do I stand with arranging for the car to be removed? I have the car key but obviously it doesn't belong to me? Anybody any ideas? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 17, 2024 Members Posted July 17, 2024 (edited) Have it towed to Birmingham. Edit: Not massively helpful. Does he know how annoying this is for you? Maybe reiterate that it's a real pain and you need ut sorted. Legally I'm not sure you can remove it, as it's still "his" car. Edited July 17, 2024 by SuperBacon Wembley via Birmingham Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 17, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 17, 2024 Yeh, but it's his garage. If he doesn't want someone else's stuff on his property, he should be able to seek some sort of remedy to get it sorted. Quote
Matthew Posted July 17, 2024 Posted July 17, 2024 The car itself is not drivable in its current state, both windscreens, and driver side windows are smashed. I’ve told him I need it gone, as looking to purchase a vehicle after the summer (I’m not), and I’ve now told him I’m getting complaints about the car itself (I’m not). He has previous of this, he had a car in my mum’s driveway that he abandoned there for a couple of years, and I’m not looking to prolong the matter further than it needs. I’m tempted to simply report it to the police as an abandoned vehicle, given the owner isn’t forthcoming to collect it. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 17, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 17, 2024 If that's the case, tell him that that's what you'll do. He can't complain if you've given him fair warning. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 17, 2024 Moderators Posted July 17, 2024 If you're really looking to weasel out of it in the easiest way possible can you move it out to some nearby street parking and make it no longer your problem? If he doesn't move it he'll get fined for not having it taxed presumably. Quote
Browser Brady Posted July 17, 2024 Posted July 17, 2024 I wouldn’t recommend lying about your purchasing a car because you ultimately will be found out or will need to tell more lies to get out of it. Be honest and say you want it moved soon because if not it will drag on for years like it did with your Mum’s driveway.. You could certainly say you want it gone before the complaints start coming in and that you don’t want to bring that attention on yourself , especially in rented accommodation. Not a million miles from what you’ve said but not a lie either. Ask him to take a day or two to think about what a reasonable timeline is and if it reasonable then hold him to it. If not then give him a date you do find reasonable. Remind him he can still get it gone before that date. if its not gone by that date then it’s getting towed to a location of his choice and he can pay for it. If he can’t afford to tow it then it’s getting wheeled out on the road and the authorities can deal with it. Sound fair ? Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 18, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2024 This may be a divisive one, but I'm bored of seeing "I'm not calling it X, it's Twitter to me!" in a futile attempt to stick it to Elon Musk. You know what would bother him more? Delete your account and stop using the platform. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 18, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2024 4 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said: This may be a divisive one, but I'm bored of seeing "I'm not calling it X, it's Twitter to me!" in a futile attempt to stick it to Elon Musk. You know what would bother him more? Delete your account and stop using the platform. I just joke that I'm transphobic and continue to dead-name it. Thing is, despite being fewer syllables and a shorter word, it is just easier to say "Twitter", because we're conditioned to it now. Quote
deathrey Posted July 18, 2024 Posted July 18, 2024 Yup, and if you say X you often have to qualify it by saying 'formally known as Twitter's it's easier just to say Twitter Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted July 18, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2024 “WE ARE SO BACK”. Get out. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted July 18, 2024 Posted July 18, 2024 47 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said: “WE ARE SO BACK”. Get out. Similarly… ”This film/photo/video/whatever goes hard”. ”Let them cook.” “He is him.” “Rent free in your head.” “Giving/serving cunt.” I hate all of it. Quote
thevestofdeanambrose Posted July 18, 2024 Posted July 18, 2024 2 hours ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: “He is him.” THE WORST Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.