wordsfromlee Posted July 23, 2024 Posted July 23, 2024 I’m more surprised that some of you even use toilet paper. I thought you’d have just smeared it around with your bare hand. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 23, 2024 Members Posted July 23, 2024 17 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said: I thought you’d have just smeared it around with your bare hand. What happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom. Quote
deathrey Posted July 23, 2024 Posted July 23, 2024 I'm 100% with @Devon Malcolm on this one, just finish the bloody roll and start a new one. If my kids and husband did this it would drive me insane. I would walk around the house easily a seething mass of Deathrey and may have to find an actual death ray. We are also a multiple toilet roll house but that's because my toddlers always have a runny nose and it's cheaper than Kleenex and softer than kitchen roll so we have one in the living room (and a little desktop bin) and one on the dining table. Quote
Paid Members waters44 Posted July 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 23, 2024 10 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said: I've mentioned on here before that when I'm watching a film, if the title card looks cool/interesting I'll take a screenshot and store it on my laptop. Over the past few years I've amassed about 500+ of them and the idea was to at some point start an Instragram page where I'd post one daily. Anyway, my laptop finally gave up the ghost a few weeks back and I've finally got a new one. Found out today that the cloud system I had for creating back-ups for some reason completely skipped this one folder with my screenshots in, so I've lost them all. Absolutely gutted. Have you still got the old laptop? Hopefully some computer whizz somewhere could get them back Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted July 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 23, 2024 10 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Oh we're stitching bog rolls together now are we? No! But this is UKFF so I fear the upcoming replies. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 23, 2024 54 minutes ago, waters44 said: Have you still got the old laptop? Hopefully some computer whizz somewhere could get them back Unfortunately not. Like an idiot I took it apart to try and fix it myself and fucked it up even more, then chucked it. It's my own fault for not checking the back-ups were working correctly, but still annoying. I started from scratch again last night. Love Lies Bleeding was the first inductee. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted July 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 23, 2024 I'm sorry @Slapnut, your phobia sounds absolutely horrible and I hope you can find a way to manage it, but I am creased at "notorious pigeon hotspot". Quote
Paid Members Slapnut Posted July 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 23, 2024 See this is what I mean, to everybody else that probably sounds like a funny sentence but I didn’t even think twice when I typed it out. This is how my brain approaches day to day life! I know all their little fucking hangouts and one day I’m taking over those territories San Andreas style. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 23, 2024 12 minutes ago, Slapnut said: See this is what I mean, to everybody else that probably sounds like a funny sentence but I didn’t even think twice when I typed it out. This is how my brain approaches day to day life! I know all their little fucking hangouts and one day I’m taking over those territories San Andreas style. You mean you're... ...planning a coo? Quote
TibBo Posted July 23, 2024 Posted July 23, 2024 On 7/21/2024 at 4:00 PM, Slapnut said: I’ve just been chased home by one and now I presume the same one is dive bombing me in my own garden. It’s a lovely day and I can’t go outside to enjoy it. Sounds like you’ve got a chip on your shoulder Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted July 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2024 People, usually chefs or magazine writers, who use “store cupboard” or worse, “storecupboard” for where ingredients are kept. ALL cupboards are “store cupboards.” You store stuff in the cupboard. That’s what a cupboard is. The continued dumbing down of English with redundant prefixes to perfectly cromulent words will probably lead to us declaring “Just nipping to the pisstoilet.” Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 26, 2024 Posted July 26, 2024 36 minutes ago, air_raid said: People, usually chefs or magazine writers, who use “store cupboard” or worse, “storecupboard” for where ingredients are kept. ALL cupboards are “store cupboards.” You store stuff in the cupboard. That’s what a cupboard is. The continued dumbing down of English with redundant prefixes to perfectly cromulent words will probably lead to us declaring “Just nipping to the pisstoilet.” Like Americans who call glasses, “eyeglasses”. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted July 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2024 (edited) Both of those are fine. Eyeglasses as apposed to ones you drink from. I guess my minor annoyance is people thinking the English language makes any sense and that it's only modern adaptations that make it silly or superfluous. It's chock full of contradictions and pointlessness already. Edited July 26, 2024 by gmoney Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted July 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2024 19 minutes ago, gmoney said: contradictions “Colours clashing” meaning either colours wildly contrasting or being too similar, depending on context, is my favourite. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2024 30 minutes ago, air_raid said: “Colours clashing” meaning either colours wildly contrasting or being too similar, depending on context, is my favourite. Working at a football kit supplier, this is one of my pet peeves. "We can't get a black kit because we'll clash with the ref." No you won't, you'll match with the ref! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.