lanky316 Posted July 30, 2024 Posted July 30, 2024 9 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: People in the audience at the Olympics who realise they're in the background of a shot and start mugging for the camera. The ultimate "highlight" comes from the wild "ooh camera" mood swings. You've made it to a big game, but the team have been total shite and you've gone on to lose 4-0. You're sick as a parrot and other associated clichés. You're shaking your head in anger, maybe you're a bit tearful, when else are your league one side going to get a big opportunity at Wembley? All you can do is emotionally shake your head sadly and wipe away the tears. Oh hang on, I'm on camera! Big smiles and waves people! Absolute pricks and without a shadow of a doubt the worst people on the planet. Stubbed toes are too good for them.. Quote
deathrey Posted August 1, 2024 Posted August 1, 2024 I popped to town to run a few errands. Popped in to a bakery and bought a cookie. It's big and beautiful looking, dark chocolate and pistachio - everything in its appearance looked to be a nice, delicious, chewy cookie. Instead it's rock solid, I could break a tooth on it rock solid. A friggin biscuit masquerading as a cookie. Almost as disappointing as when you think you have a chocolate chip cookie and it turns out to be raisins. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted August 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2024 Raisins are the best, I'll hear no slights against raisins. Best scones, best cookies, best "chocolate covered" sweet. I used to take bags of raisins and raw carrots to school. If I bought what I thought was a chocolate chip cookie and it turned out to be raisins, jackpot. The best thing they ever did was take peanut Revels out and put raisin Revels in. Peanuts aren't even the best nut. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 1, 2024 Members Posted August 1, 2024 8 minutes ago, deathrey said: I popped to town to run a few errands. Popped in to a bakery and bought a cookie. It's big and beautiful looking, dark chocolate and pistachio - everything in its appearance looked to be a nice, delicious, chewy cookie. Instead it's rock solid, I could break a tooth on it rock solid. A friggin biscuit masquerading as a cookie. Almost as disappointing as when you think you have a chocolate chip cookie and it turns out to be raisins. Think you need to pop back in for an opticians appointment Quote
deathrey Posted August 1, 2024 Posted August 1, 2024 Raisins can go fuck themselves. Wrinkly, good for nothing, grape rejects that resemble dead flies. Quote
deathrey Posted August 1, 2024 Posted August 1, 2024 2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Think you need to pop back in for an opticians appointment Worst thing is, I'm still sat here eating it even though it is utterly disappointing. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted August 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2024 I’m on the anti raisin side. Don’t want or need squashed beetles anywhere near my cookies. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted August 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2024 They're dried grapes you heathens. It's like me saying I don't eat chocolate chips because they're little poopies. Get your minds out the gutter and embrace them. Quote
deathrey Posted August 1, 2024 Posted August 1, 2024 But their texture is gross and they don't taste nice. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted August 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2024 I don't hate raisins quite as much - the little boxes of California Sun-Maid were a treat for me as a kid - but I'm a chocoholic, and raisins are definitely a trade down for me. Plus I have no truck with fruit and chocolate together, unless there's booze in there as well. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted August 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2024 6 minutes ago, FLips said: They're dried grapes you heathens. …embrace them. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted August 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2024 I had some chocolate covered gooseberries from the Polish section in Lidl the other day. Love gooseberries but these were not it. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted August 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2024 I've got your back on the raisins love Flips. I love them and when I have raisins before I eat them I will always say in the style of Ian Dury "Raisins to be cheerful, 1...2...3..." then throw the first raisin in the air and catch it in my mouth. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted August 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2024 I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in my whole life than when my mum used to work at a bakery and she brought home some iced buns one day and they had raisins in them. Cried for hours. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 1, 2024 Members Posted August 1, 2024 Yoghurt covered raisins are shit as well, and the fact that they're seen as a "treat" for small kids can piss off as well. "It's a dried grape!!!" oh grow up you pensioners and get some actual grapes. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.