Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted September 24, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 24, 2024 A miracle happened today and my eye actually caught a jacket in TK Maxx that was really nice, rather than having to spend 2 hours browsing their haphazardly organised racks. Then realised it had buttons instead of a zip. Who's got time for that shit. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted October 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 7, 2024 Saw someone on Bluesky say they had 'mini-binge-watched' a movie. What the fuck even is that shit? Quote
wordsfromlee Posted October 7, 2024 Posted October 7, 2024 28 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: Saw someone on Bluesky say they had 'mini-binge-watched' a movie. What the fuck even is that shit? Are you talking about Bluesky or ‘mini-binged watched’? As I’ve never heard of either. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted October 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 7, 2024 16 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said: Are you talking about Bluesky or ‘mini-binged watched’? As I’ve never heard of either. Bluesky's a social media that many have flocked to to escape Musk's right-washing and general bunglecunting of Twitter. Mastodon was an early alternative for the exodus, but apparently it was very difficult to sign up to, and not particularly user-friendly. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted October 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 7, 2024 Yeah, as somone who has turned my back on pretty much all social media over the past few years I signed up to Bluesky last week and I'm actually really liking it for the most part. It's basically Twitter from 10 years ago before all the toxicity. It's very, very middle-class though, in that 'cockwomble' type of way. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 7, 2024 30 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: It's very, very middle-class though, in that 'cockwomble' type of way. Or "bunglecunting". Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted October 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 7, 2024 (edited) 5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Or "bunglecunting". I'm fully on board with rejecting all the silly stuff like "cockwomble" and "fucktrumpet" - "bunglecunt" is literally the only one I use now. Just works for me, plus it works as a word for Musk, who seems to be a combination of incompetent and malicious. Edited October 7, 2024 by Carbomb Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 7, 2024 18 minutes ago, Carbomb said: I'm fully on board with rejecting all the silly stuff like "cockwomble" and "fucktrumpet" - "bunglecunt" is literally the only one I use now. Just works for me, plus it works as a word for Musk, who seems to be a combination of incompetent and malicious. Quote
Tamura Posted October 9, 2024 Posted October 9, 2024 Stealth two-factor authentication, despite deliberately not having it turned on. Facebook, and now Yahoo, constantly want me to jump through hoops in order to log in, despite using the same computer on the same ISP I've had for the last 18 months. I have strong, unique passwords, my accounts are perfectly secure without their interference. Of course they say this can all be avoided by not using incognito mode and allowing cookes so they can track my internet use, yeah right.... Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted October 16, 2024 Posted October 16, 2024 My phone has started played up ever since I finished paying off the handset and managed to get my monthly bills down to just over £20 a month. The speaker on calls comes through slightly above a whisper while the screen itself seems to now have a mind of it's own, either being completely unresponsive or doing things that i haven't even asked it to do. I figured I'd try and get a new phone and possibly even change provider, as EE want upwards of £60 per month for the data plan one of the more recent iPhones. Had a little shop around of the major networks, and that seems to be a common thing wherever you look. Figured I'd see what GiffGaff were offering, as a work colleague has been with them for years and swears by them. All seemed pretty great to begin with. Picked my phone (iPhone 15), £10 per month for 25GB of data boosted to 60GB for the next 18 months completely free, taking the total bill to £29.70 over the next 3 years. Bargain I thought, I can easily afford that per month. But oh wait, if you want to pay monthly, you HAVE to do it through Klarna, the Buy Now Pay Later Loan people. No option to do it as a monthly direct debit to GiffGaff themselves - thats fucking bullshit. If you want to avoid paying through Klarna, you have to buy the device upright, which in this case is £729. Now I could just bang it on my credit card and pay it off over the next few months, but that's not the point. I shouldn't have to be having a hard credit check done for something that in this day & age is pretty much an essential Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted October 16, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 16, 2024 That's always been the case hasn't it? You're taking a loan to get the phone and paying it back over the contract. Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure what the issue is there? Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted October 16, 2024 Posted October 16, 2024 (edited) 34 minutes ago, gmoney said: That's always been the case hasn't it? You're taking a loan to get the phone and paying it back over the contract. Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure what the issue is there? I’ve never known it to be done through a separate company like Klarna before. Maybe things have changed since I last got a new phone but I’ve always known it to be a direct debit done with the service provider not a buy now pay later company.. you could well be right, though which would definitely make this a minor annoyance it’s taken me 30 minutes to try and write this and even then I’ve had to resort to using the microphone to get this written down. That’s how shit my phone is at the minute. Edited October 16, 2024 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted October 16, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 16, 2024 Possibly, but I know when I got an iPhone about 12 years ago through O2 the credit agreement was with Barclays. I'm not sure that the phone company can give out credit, though I could well be wrong. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted October 16, 2024 Moderators Posted October 16, 2024 I don't know or remember about who you'd pay through but no one has ever given anyone a phone on contract without a credit check. Quote
deathrey Posted October 16, 2024 Posted October 16, 2024 @WyattSheepMask to be honest, I'm with you and think it's pretty weird. It would put me off taking the contract out. They are putting a third party in to the contract, it not for no reason but surely it would make more sense to keep it in-house and do it themselves rather than use Klarna. I got my phone last year, not an iPhone but a Google Pixel. I got it through Carphone Warehouse - I have unlimited calls and data and the contract is with Vodafone. I pay £26 a month and got £50 cash back through Quidco and £100 Currys voucher so have a look at Carphone Warehouse. It's a 2 year contract Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.