Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 12, 2024 All this talk is reminding me of this scene. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 12, 2024 Members Posted December 12, 2024 24 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: I get 'bruh', which I don't mind as it makes me feel like one of the Fast familia. Yep, that one too. I actually can't remember the last time they called me Dad ? Quote
Paid Members Wretch Posted December 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2024 (edited) My magic YouTube has stopped working. About three years ago, I noticed that I hadn’t seen a single ad in a bit. I watch a lot of YT, so the most logical explanation was that I was pissed up in the early hours and signed up to premium, but had completely forgotten. Not the case, so stumped, I soldiered on ad-free. I did get some ads last December, but they vanished after a day and so on I went again. Haven’t a clue why this happened, not that I was complaining of course. I watch on my virgin box, so there’s no ad-blockers running or anything like that. I’ve currently got it on in the telly in the background. The smallest of minor annoyances, but Jesus Christ, the frequency of the ads is insufferable. Genuinely thinking of signing up to get rid of them again, poor little lamb. Oh well, three years or thereabouts is a good run of free premium. Edited December 14, 2024 by Wretch Quote
Paid Members Wretch Posted December 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2024 (edited) 4 minutes ago, Wretch said: Edited December 14, 2024 by Wretch Ooops Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2024 I watch a lot of YouTube so I got premium a few years back. Well worth it. I just don’t have the patience for adverts. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 14, 2024 Members Posted December 14, 2024 There is a way if on a TV, that when the ad comes up you can skip it, as my 11yo showed me. It comes up, you press up to the i (information ad) then you'll see this click STOP SEEING THIS AD then RETURN TO VIDEO. Doesn't work on all of them, but the majority it does. Don't say I never do anything for you lot. Quote
Dai Posted December 14, 2024 Posted December 14, 2024 Speaking of ads, I recently signed up to ITVX Premium for 2 quid a month. Before the show starts, they show an advert for one of their own TV shows with no option to skip, which I dont think any other premium service does. During a 20 minute show they will chuck another one in at the halfway point too, which you also cant skip. Very annoying considering youre on the premium plan. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted December 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2024 8 minutes ago, Dai said: Speaking of ads, I recently signed up to ITVX Premium for 2 quid a month. Before the show starts, they show an advert for one of their own TV shows with no option to skip, which I dont think any other premium service does. During a 20 minute show they will chuck another one in at the halfway point too, which you also cant skip. Very annoying considering youre on the premium plan. Amazon does this too. I believe NowTV/Sky did when we watched The Sopranos on it. Thoroughly annoying. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 14, 2024 Posted December 14, 2024 Yep Now definitely does it. Watched Penguin and saw the same fucking Gangs of London ad every bloody time. Quote
Paid Members Wretch Posted December 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2024 Signed up to a free trial of Prime recently to find they’re now charging an extra £4 to remove the ads, on top of the £7.99 per month or whatever it is. Get to fuck. Quote
Hugh Thesz Posted December 14, 2024 Posted December 14, 2024 6 hours ago, Wretch said: My magic YouTube has stopped working. About three years ago, I noticed that I hadn’t seen a single ad in a bit. I watch a lot of YT, so the most logical explanation was that I was pissed up in the early hours and signed up to premium, but had completely forgotten. Not the case, so stumped, I soldiered on ad-free. I did get some ads last December, but they vanished after a day and so on I went again. Haven’t a clue why this happened, not that I was complaining of course. I watch on my virgin box, so there’s no ad-blockers running or anything like that. I’ve currently got it on in the telly in the background. The smallest of minor annoyances, but Jesus Christ, the frequency of the ads is insufferable. Genuinely thinking of signing up to get rid of them again, poor little lamb. Oh well, three years or thereabouts is a good run of free premium. Jim Cornette's channel can be insufferable with the frequency of adverts. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 14, 2024 Posted December 14, 2024 Just now, Hugh Thesz said: Jim Cornette's channel can be insufferable with the frequency of adverts. Not enough of them? Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2024 27 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said: Jim Cornette's channel can be insufferable You need go no further. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted December 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2024 (edited) There is a playing YouTube in Teams with no ads feature, but I'm not pointing it out to people in case their work IT grasses them up for watching YouTube 24/7 on work gear and you're all out of a job right before Christmas. I don't need that on my conscience. Edited December 14, 2024 by johnnyboy Quote
lars85 Posted December 14, 2024 Posted December 14, 2024 11 hours ago, SuperBacon said: There is a way if on a TV, that when the ad comes up you can skip it, as my 11yo showed me. It comes up, you press up to the i (information ad) then you'll see this click STOP SEEING THIS AD then RETURN TO VIDEO. Doesn't work on all of them, but the majority it does. Don't say I never do anything for you lot. Thank you!!! Get your 11yo whatever they want for Christmas and send me the bill. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.