DavidB6937 Posted November 28, 2024 Posted November 28, 2024 My inability to remember lyrics to some songs despite hearing them hundreds of times. Some of them genuinely go right through my brain. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 28, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 28, 2024 4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: My inability to remember lyrics to some songs despite hearing them hundreds of times. Some of them genuinely go right through my brain. Sort of similar but every single time I go in Boots I forget the name of one of my daughter's medications. She's been taking it for 5 years. Her other one? Always remember it. In fact, I'm sitting here now and I can't remember what one of them is called. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted November 28, 2024 Moderators Posted November 28, 2024 The opposite of that for me. My wife forgets basic rules of boardgames we've played a million times and I have to keep reminding her of them every time. It's particularly annoying for the games where she inevitably goes on to beat me. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 28, 2024 Members Posted November 28, 2024 4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: My inability to remember lyrics to some songs despite hearing them hundreds of times. Some of them genuinely go right through my brain. I have an incredible recall for lyrics. Some songs I don't hear for years and maybe only heard once or twice and I can rattle it all off. Years of listening to rap pays off. Quote
CDM Posted November 28, 2024 Posted November 28, 2024 8 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Sort of similar but every single time I go in Boots I forget the name of one of my daughter's medications. She's been taking it for 5 years. Her other one? Always remember it. In fact, I'm sitting here now and I can't remember what one of them is called. It is one of them with a really hard name to pronounce? I've got medication I've been taking for years and I still don't know what it's actually called Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted November 28, 2024 Posted November 28, 2024 Festive drinkers. Specifically the people that rock up at the pub at this time of year that never usually go out and don't know how to queue, don't have any idea what they want, argue with the staff, moan that there aren't "proper drinks" (Carling, Echo Falls, etc) in a micropub and generally make the experience worse for everyone. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2024 1 hour ago, CDM said: It is one of them with a really hard name to pronounce? I don't know. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2024 14 hours ago, SuperBacon said: I have an incredible recall for lyrics. Some songs I don't hear for years and maybe only heard once or twice and I can rattle it all off. Years of listening to rap pays off. Weirdly I can easily bang out entire rap verses off the top of my head but can't remember the lyrics to my favourite pops songs to save my life. I could give you probably 36 Chambers from front to back on a moments notice but I couldn't tell you the first line of "Time after Time" by Cindi Lauper despite listening to it 5000 times. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted November 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2024 12 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said: Festive drinkers. Specifically the people that rock up at the pub at this time of year that never usually go out and don't know how to queue, don't have any idea what they want, argue with the staff, moan that there aren't "proper drinks" (Carling, Echo Falls, etc) in a micropub and generally make the experience worse for everyone. Nobody knows how to queue in pubs any more full stop. The advent of single file queuing since Covid, even if the bar's half a mile long, is the worst thing to happen to pubs in years. But yeah, can't stand the once a year drinkers, whatever side of the bar I'm on. You know they're going to get absolutely wankered because it's their one night out of the year, and chances are they'll get all the way to the front of the queue, and then start deciding what they want, shouting back to their mates at the other side of the pub to ask what they want, ordering one drink at a time, waiting for the barman to finish pouring the previous one before ordering the next. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted November 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2024 28 minutes ago, BomberPat said: Nobody knows how to queue in pubs any more full stop. The advent of single file queuing since Covid, even if the bar's half a mile long, is the worst thing to happen to pubs in years. It's the only time it's acceptable to jump the queue - if there's a single-file line 10 people deep and I can go up to the bar and get served before them, that's on everyone else for not knowing how a pub works. Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted November 29, 2024 Posted November 29, 2024 1 hour ago, BomberPat said: Nobody knows how to queue in pubs any more full stop. The advent of single file queuing since Covid, even if the bar's half a mile long, is the worst thing to happen to pubs in years. But yeah, can't stand the once a year drinkers, whatever side of the bar I'm on. You know they're going to get absolutely wankered because it's their one night out of the year, and chances are they'll get all the way to the front of the queue, and then start deciding what they want, shouting back to their mates at the other side of the pub to ask what they want, ordering one drink at a time, waiting for the barman to finish pouring the previous one before ordering the next. And ordering the one Guinness last. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 29, 2024 Members Posted November 29, 2024 3 hours ago, LaGoosh said: could give you probably 36 Chambers from front to back Well probably not ALL of the lyrics... Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted November 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2024 (edited) I have a good memory for facts, stats, trivia, and just generally being able to read about something once and being able to talk about it at a later date, but song lyrics—even if I’ve heard the song a thousand times—just get jumbled in my head before reaching my mouth. It’s like, I’ll know the words, but the order will be a complete jumble and mess in my head if I try and think how a song goes. Edited November 29, 2024 by Your Fight Site Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted December 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 2, 2024 I have a window-mounted bird feeder, and it usually attracts a few blue tits and the occasional robin, and in the summer some gold finches and sparrows. The one I've got now has a curved roof to it, because the last one was flat, and wood pigeons kept landing on it as they tried to get food from it. They couldn't get at the food, so they just landed awkwardly on it, and I'm pretty sure that's what eventually led it to being knocked off the window and breaking. I haven't had a problem with pigeons and the new feeder at all, and since I refilled it recently, it's been getting a steady stream of blue tits and the occasional robin. Lovely stuff. Except this morning two pigeons have found it, and have figured out that they can perch awkwardly on the lip of the thing, and then lean in and get the food that's in there. I'm not convinced it will properly hold their weight, and because they're not very steady on it, they're flapping their wings frantically while they try and balance, and it's just not going to end well. No idea how they've both managed to figure it out today after months of not even bothering. I was in Teams calls all morning, and kept having to turn my camera off so that my colleagues couldn't see me flailing off-screen, or pointing and shouting in the direction of my window. Quote
Tamura Posted December 8, 2024 Posted December 8, 2024 People at work not using a spell checker. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.