Members SuperBacon Posted December 14, 2024 Members Posted December 14, 2024 31 minutes ago, lars85 said: Thank you!!! Get your 11yo whatever they want for Christmas and send me the bill. She's asked for an original 1988 Holland shirt in a large mens...kids eh? ?♂️ Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 15, 2024 I've got YouTube Premium because I also hate the ads, especially when said "ad" is a 40 minute video inserted halfway through your 5 minute video. Plus you get YouTube music thrown in which means as well as your usual albums etc from other streaming music services you can search for all the other stuff that's uploaded to YouTube and just listen to the audio. I use it ahead of Spotify now because for some reason Spotify goes all weird when Iisten to albums on it, although I still use Spotify for playlists. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted December 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 15, 2024 Beat me to it on the music front Jazzy - last two years I've got YouTube Premium during college football season for... reasons, but it was only this year I really noticed the YTMusic element. Everything I listen to on Spotify is there too, plus it gives you access to listen to that one rare live version they did on that TV special in 1976. Almost a 2-for-1 special. Quote
Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted December 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 15, 2024 I foolishly went with the YouTube Premium free trial and I couldn't go back to ads after.. The bastards know what they're doing. The family option is pretty decent value though. Individual ad free YouTube accounts and separate YouTube music accounts also. Binned off Spotify and haven't looked back. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted December 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 15, 2024 2 hours ago, Bus Surfer said: I foolishly went with the YouTube Premium free trial and I couldn't go back to ads after.. The bastards know what they're doing. Same. Had the free trial a while back and just forgot to cancel it. By the time I realised, there was no going back. Quote
Paid Members Wretch Posted December 18, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 18, 2024 On 12/14/2024 at 8:56 AM, Wretch said: My magic YouTube has stopped working. About three years ago, I noticed that I hadn’t seen a single ad in a bit. I watch a lot of YT, so the most logical explanation was that I was pissed up in the early hours and signed up to premium, but had completely forgotten. Not the case, so stumped, I soldiered on ad-free. I did get some ads last December, but they vanished after a day and so on I went again. Haven’t a clue why this happened, not that I was complaining of course. I watch on my virgin box, so there’s no ad-blockers running or anything like that. I’ve currently got it on in the telly in the background. The smallest of minor annoyances, but Jesus Christ, the frequency of the ads is insufferable. Genuinely thinking of signing up to get rid of them again, poor little lamb. Oh well, three years or thereabouts is a good run of free premium. Not sure how to quote this and post in the ‘Things that cheer you up’ thread, but my magic YouTube is back. Merry bloody Christmas! Quote
lars85 Posted December 18, 2024 Posted December 18, 2024 The lack of satsumas in the shops. I don't want tangerines. I don't want sweetclems. Easy peelers? Get fucked. I want a proper satsuma. I'm guessing it's been a bad year for them or something. But that's Christmas ruined. Quote
King Coconut Posted December 18, 2024 Posted December 18, 2024 12 minutes ago, lars85 said: The lack of satsumas in the shops. I don't want tangerines. I don't want sweetclems. Easy peelers? Get fucked. I want a proper satsuma. I'm guessing it's been a bad year for them or something. But that's Christmas ruined. Brexit innit. It's only the Brits who want a satsuma. Johnny Foreigner loves a juicy clemo. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 "Oooh, new post in Off Topic, maybe someone's shat themselves or posted Roygbiv in the song of the day thread. " ??? Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted December 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 23, 2024 (edited) The compulsive need of old people (my mother) to want to have a phone conversation when a text would not only suffice but actually be the best medium for said conversation (a shopping list). It was also 8:35 and I was having a lie in. Edited December 23, 2024 by Gus Mears Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted December 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 23, 2024 2 minutes ago, Gus Mears said: The compulsive need of old people (my mother) to want to have a phone conversation when a text would not only suffice but actually be the best medium for said conversation (a shopping list). It was also 8:35 and I was having a lie in. When I get that "can you call me" text to discuss the simplest thing in the world... Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted December 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 23, 2024 Cue me writing down inaccurately things being relayed on the phone. If only there was some sort of - I don't know - text based messaging system which would work better. Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted December 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 23, 2024 22 minutes ago, Gus Mears said: The compulsive need of old people (my mother) to want to have a phone conversation when a text would not only suffice but actually be the best medium for said conversation (a shopping list). It was also 8:35 and I was having a lie in. Did she work in recruitment ever? Because that’s all recruiters do. They’ll contact you through a text-based medium like email or LinkedIn, but if you show a morsel or interest it immediately becomes “Let’s jump on a call?” Or you could just sound me more details via email and not waste half an hour of each other’s time? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 23, 2024 Members Posted December 23, 2024 12 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said: Or you could just sound me more details via email and not waste half an hour of each other’s time? Often one of the ways they are measured is outgoing call time, as it makes them look productive and proactive. That's fine, but what I used to do if I knew I wasn't being productive that week (read every week) is every Friday afternoon from 2, call my personal phone and my exes, let it go to voicemail, and fill up the message box with just silence (half an hour I think was the limit) and repeat 5 or 6 times for a good solid hours of "crushing it" and "smashing the Q" Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted December 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 23, 2024 34 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Often one of the ways they are measured is outgoing call time, as it makes them look productive and proactive. That's fine, but what I used to do if I knew I wasn't being productive that week (read every week) is every Friday afternoon from 2, call my personal phone and my exes, let it go to voicemail, and fill up the message box with just silence (half an hour I think was the limit) and repeat 5 or 6 times for a good solid hours of "crushing it" and "smashing the Q" This is a jab at recruitment companies, not you. Surely a better measure of success would be the number of candidates placed and roles filled, and in turn, revenue; rather than number of minutes racked up on inbound calls by employees? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.