Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I have to ask. What does the top hat do? 

I have absolutely no idea. The person "training" me didn't know, and to be honest he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. He wanted me to add 690 to 1245 by selecting two cells on Excel, and didn't like me doing it in my head as he assumed I'd done it wrong when I did it in a split second. He didn't even understand my explanation of the simple way of doing it which avoids the carry over addition method, which was to simply add 700 to 1245 then subtract 10. 

• 2 weeks later...

My husband. When making the bed, there is always a side of the duvet cover where all the buttons go, my husband doesn't put this side at the bottom of the bed where it surely belongs? Sometimes he puts it up by his face or on the side or any which way the duvet lands. I just don't get it, surely it should be at the bottom? Our bedding has little birds on it, if the buttons aren't at the bottom, the birds are all facing the wrong way..... Surely it's not just me that thinks there is a right way round?!

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, deathrey said:

My husband. When making the bed, there is always a side of the duvet cover where all the buttons go, my husband doesn't put this side at the bottom of the bed where it surely belongs? Sometimes he puts it up by his face or on the side or any which way the duvet lands. I just don't get it, surely it should be at the bottom? Our bedding has little birds on it, if the buttons aren't at the bottom, the birds are all facing the wrong way..... Surely it's not just me that thinks there is a right way round?!

Of course, you're absolutely right. But you have opened a can of worms here because this is the UKFF and some git is gonna come along now and say that they can't sleep without the poppers in their face.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

There is also a hygiene factor.

I'm not suggesting that any of you have smelly feet, but that's where your feet spend all night, and so then you will have that in your face if it's flipped round no?

Madness.

There really shouldn't be a hygiene factor. If there is then you've got bigger problems that an incorrectly oriented duvet. 

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Of course, you're absolutely right. But you have opened a can of worms here because this is the UKFF and some git is gonna come along now and say that they can't sleep without the poppers in their face.

Some reprobate will no doubt admit to sleeping on the hard bits of the bed with the mattress on top of them. 

• Paid Members

Lots of people say "like" or "you know" a lot while talking. Mostly while thinking. I do a big "errrrrrrr" to fill gaps in sentances. It's fairly annoying. However, when people say "as I said" or "like I said" as their little speech-tick, it really annoys me. A bloke on local radio does it all the time and I heard Nedum Onuoha doing it on the Gab & Jules show this week. No, you didn't fucking say!

Nedum Onuoha giving his opinion on stuff like he was David Beckham or something is also annoying. You were a Poundland Micah Richards, mate.

I remember once at work there was a community workshop for communication skills. This arsehole of a team leader lambasted this young lad under the guise of constructive feedback for starting every answer with “Basically”. The poor lad was on the verge of tears. Later on when she fielded questions from the group, the young lad smiled when I pointed out how she began every single answer with “So”

If you’re going to start an answer with a “So”, make it the Peter Gabriel album. It will give you enough time to formulate a concise response. Join me for more interview tips on my patreon or buy me a coffee at the link below.