Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Alan Carr’s Picture Slam is fine light entertainment fodder and he is a good host and I find him funny, so fuck off. 
 

Essentially the quiz is “Here is a picture, name what it’s a picture of”. In the final, you get a board of 12 pictures and I get so annoyed every time that they never choose the numbers in sequence. Invariably they forget which ones they initially passed on, and on occasion don’t even see all the pictures because they’ve fucked around without a structured approach to the board. Fucking pricks. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Alan Carr’s Picture Slam is fine light entertainment fodder and he is a good host and I find him funny, so fuck off. 
 

Essentially the quiz is “Here is a picture, name what it’s a picture of”. In the final, you get a board of 12 pictures and I get so annoyed every time that they never choose the numbers in sequence. Invariably they forget which ones they initially passed on, and on occasion don’t even see all the pictures because they’ve fucked around without a structured approach to the board. Fucking pricks. 

The trouble is that they seem to pick contestants who have never seen anything in the real world. I swear someone didn't know the Maccy D's arches the other week. 

Posted
Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The trouble is that they seem to pick contestants who have never seen anything in the real world. I swear someone didn't know the Maccy D's arches the other week. 

The one I just watched had a “Who is this as a child” pic. It was Miranda Hart, I didn’t know it but even that was a better answer than “Anne Frank”. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
38 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The one I just watched had a “Who is this as a child” pic. It was Miranda Hart, I didn’t know it but even that was a better answer than “Anne Frank”. 

If we are getting annoyed by bad quiz answers, the person who answered that Bear Grylls climbed Everest with Tenzing Norgay got my giddy goat I can tell you. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

My quiz show hate is stalling to fill time, which I'm sure the producers ask them to but it's unbelievable irritating.

"Well I know it's not A because blah blah, and it can't be C because blah blah"

Just answer B and get on with it you twats.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

My quiz show hate is stalling to fill time, which I'm sure the producers ask them to but it's unbelievable irritating.

"Well I know it's not A because blah blah, and it can't be C because blah blah"

Just answer B and get on with it you twats.

Paul Sinha confirmed it’s to fill out the time, then let the editing room cut it down to the running time. Otherwise they run the risk of flying through the whole thing too quickly. 

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted
Just now, Lorne Malvo said:

Shit-for-brains colleagues who insist on showing me stupid fucking videos on their phone which are never funny in the slightest.

Every. Fucking. Day.

"Wait...wait...it's coming up...wait...this bit...no, not this bit...wait...I swear it was this bit?...wait...its coming now...wait...I'm sure its this bit...wait...oh, no its here..." 

*stares at your face the whole time*

Posted

spacer.png

Windows software developers that think 8,000 different icons are a good idea. I'm sure most people are familiar with 'print' and 'save' and other simple ones, but look at the state of that! What's wrong with a simple drop-down menu?

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I have to ask. What does the top hat do? 

I thought it was an envelope dropping into a hole. Eye test's overdue.

  • Paid Members
Posted
54 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I have to ask. What does the top hat do? 

Shows the Header screen of a document.

SAP is great once you get used to it but it's a ball ache to get around to start with. It's why they were selling Fori so hard for a time IMO.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

I used SAP for years in an old job and had no idea what 99% of the icons and options did.

I recently got asked to get data out of the tables with next to no documentation or guidance and was assured I'd "pick it up" despite chunks of the naming logic meaning something in German and not English.

Being childish It was worth it just for finding a table called inob though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...