Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

The "smoking point" of extra virgin is very low so it burns more easily than other oils - so not good for frying or baking or anything like that, standard olive oil is ok though I think.

As @Keith Houchen says the cost should put you off using it anyway!

My "authentic French" recipe for salad dressing is one part rapeseed oil, to one part extra v, to one part red wine vinegar, mustard salt and pepper to taste.  Put it all in an old mustard jar and SHAKE vigorously.  I chuck a whole chilli into the jar as well but that's not for everyone.

I know a guy who went through most of his teen and early 20's spelling Mike as Myk. He has grown up and reverted to the normal spelling now. As someone who has their name spelt wrong/butchered on a daily basis, who can be arsed to constantly correct people because you chose to spell your name stupidly?! Too much time on their hands.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members

Two minor annoyances wrapped up in one. 

1) People getting the name of simple films/tv shows wrong.

2) Me being too polite and British to correct them in fear of looking like a know it all little shit.

I've had to listen to my manager talk about the new Netflix film 'Leave The Whole Wide World Behind' for hours today. 

12 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Two minor annoyances wrapped up in one. 

1) People getting the name of simple films/tv shows wrong.

2) Me being too polite and British to correct them in fear of looking like a know it all little shit.

I've had to listen to my manager talk about the new Netflix film 'Leave The Whole Wide World Behind' for hours today. 

spacer.png

Maybe they're right?