Paid Members gmoney Posted December 9, 2023 Paid Members Posted December 9, 2023 Yeah, I think it's more that it's a waste to cook with extra virgin olive oil. Like mixing a single malt whiskey with coke. Quote
Loki Posted December 9, 2023 Posted December 9, 2023 The "smoking point" of extra virgin is very low so it burns more easily than other oils - so not good for frying or baking or anything like that, standard olive oil is ok though I think. As @Keith Houchen says the cost should put you off using it anyway! My "authentic French" recipe for salad dressing is one part rapeseed oil, to one part extra v, to one part red wine vinegar, mustard salt and pepper to taste. Put it all in an old mustard jar and SHAKE vigorously. I chuck a whole chilli into the jar as well but that's not for everyone. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted December 12, 2023 Posted December 12, 2023 There’s a guy on my street WhatsApp group called Ric, and I follow someone on twitter called Mic. Why remove the K? Ooh look at me, I spell my common name differently! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 12, 2023 Members Posted December 12, 2023 38 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: Ooh look at me, I spell my common name differently! Yeah...imagine that!!! ? Quote
deathrey Posted December 12, 2023 Posted December 12, 2023 (edited) I know a guy who went through most of his teen and early 20's spelling Mike as Myk. He has grown up and reverted to the normal spelling now. As someone who has their name spelt wrong/butchered on a daily basis, who can be arsed to constantly correct people because you chose to spell your name stupidly?! Too much time on their hands. Edited December 12, 2023 by deathrey Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted December 12, 2023 Moderators Posted December 12, 2023 (edited) Wouldn't that be pronounced Mike anyway? Or at least create enough confusion to make that another unnecessary conversation. Edited December 12, 2023 by Chest Rockwell Quote
deathrey Posted December 12, 2023 Posted December 12, 2023 Thanks for pointing that out, phone autocorrect, that should say Mike. I'll go change it Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted December 13, 2023 Paid Members Posted December 13, 2023 Two minor annoyances wrapped up in one. 1) People getting the name of simple films/tv shows wrong. 2) Me being too polite and British to correct them in fear of looking like a know it all little shit. I've had to listen to my manager talk about the new Netflix film 'Leave The Whole Wide World Behind' for hours today. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 13, 2023 Members Posted December 13, 2023 12 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: Two minor annoyances wrapped up in one. 1) People getting the name of simple films/tv shows wrong. 2) Me being too polite and British to correct them in fear of looking like a know it all little shit. I've had to listen to my manager talk about the new Netflix film 'Leave The Whole Wide World Behind' for hours today. Maybe they're right? Quote
Loki Posted December 13, 2023 Posted December 13, 2023 That is a terrible piece of graphic design. Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted December 13, 2023 Posted December 13, 2023 It looks like someone added the extra words in Paint Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 13, 2023 Posted December 13, 2023 Looks like someone's trying to talk to Julia Roberts about AEW ratings. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted December 13, 2023 Posted December 13, 2023 1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said: Looks like someone's trying to talk to Julia Roberts about AEW ratings. Or she’s a big fan and someone is naming the wronguns on the roster. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted December 19, 2023 Moderators Posted December 19, 2023 Receiving a 'year in review' thing from every single company I've interacted with. Quote
cobra_gordo Posted December 19, 2023 Posted December 19, 2023 15 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: Receiving a 'year in review' thing from every single company I've interacted with. A mate has just posted on Facebook that he's had one from his bank which included "Congratulations on being in the top 5% spenders at [SOME PUB IN DONCASTER]" Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.