Ice creams of the past

HarmonicGenerator

On 8/3/2020 at 11:20 AM, Egg Shen said:

stopped by a local shop this morning and turns out they are still using a freezer adorned with the 90's advertising poster of the lollys i would have been eating as a kid.

It's called a '66! i was close, check it out... 

20200803-100216.jpg

Is that off Albany Road? 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Speaking of Whippy, I’ve never had one of those clam/shell things with the chocolate hinge. Anyone had one and are they worth it over the traditional cone?

On 8/1/2020 at 12:33 PM, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I went through a phase of always having ice cream oysters when they were available, kidding myself that they weren't a bit shit and would just collapse into a milky, dribbly mess by the time I was halfway through it.

Excuse me for ruining the thread with modern foreign muck but I've been enjoying these Korean Calippo like ice lollies the past couple of years, the purple grape flavour is lovely. I finally had the "Sport" flavour earlier, it's like that ramune drink and pretty decent, still never seen the coffee ones anywhere tho.

poll-all.jpg

You know some things you just have over exposure to as a kid as your mum bought them constantly and then as an adult you can't stand the sight of them? I feel that way about Mini Milks, I've had a lifetime worth. I feel the same way about Ribena, can't stand the stuff as it's all my mum used to buy and we would have it constantly.

Went for a walk with the family at the weekend and stopped at the ice cream van on the way back. I had my favourite, a cider refresher (£1.30). Kids all had variations on knickerbocker glorys, I always remember the KBG being the top shelf item when I was a kid and I never had one because they were normally £1.50-£2 and you'd get a cider refresher, some bubblys and a can of pop for that money and still have change. Three bloody quid these days.

My mum nearly went for an ice cream oyster as it was the first time she said she'd seen one in years but bottled it and went 99 with a flake (two quid).

The BA Baracus Ice Lolly was my go to as a kid, either that or a Big Feast. I am disappointed that they got rid of the Big Feast and normal Feasts seem to have gotten smaller over the years. I seem to be in the minority that likes mint choc chip icecream. So a mint Feast or Cornetto is what I will get now.

Edited by Rey_Piste