Ice creams of the past

HarmonicGenerator

When we were kids Viennetta was strictly for special occasions (birthday/christmas party's etc) so I always assumed they were expensive at the time.
Crazy thing is they are cheaper now than they were on that advert from 1993 on page 1!  Totally worth it though, the architecture of a Viennetta is a thing of beauty.

5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Everyone knows Gino Ginelli is the tippy top luxury ice cream. You can tell by the Italian sounding name.

The hazelnut one was an exhilarating childhood thrill I’ve been chasing all my life. It’ll never be matched.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Everyone knows Gino Ginelli is the tippy top luxury ice cream. You can tell by the Italian sounding name.

34 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The hazelnut one was an exhilarating childhood thrill I’ve been chasing all my life. It’ll never be matched.

When I was a kid, I used to compete with my aunt to get more of the fudge pieces in the Toffee Fudge Italiano, to the point where she even snatched the spoon out of my hand when she thought I was going to get more. Amazing stuff.

1 hour ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Viennetta's the most dubious "luxury" indulgence since the cushioned electric chair.

The 80s was the era of dodgy "luxury to the masses" products.